H6815BD with HDMI 1.4a according to the manufacturer reaches 4K 60HZ, no HDMI 2.0 / 2.1 needed?

DragoWQXDragoWQX Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 5 in Projectors
Hello, Acer, the market for 4K projectors is stunning with its attractive price.  But is it possible to achieve at 4k 60Hz with 1.4a / 1080p 240Hz?  I don't think so and it will be a misleading advertisement.  The projector has an increased brightness of 4000 lumens with a new chip, will the image quality suffer if the older chips are of better quality?  What is behind the tinsel of Acer?  I have owned an Acer HD Ready 3D projector for 5 years.  The light bulb clock has turned around once and I have no reservations.  Still fully functional, but will go to the living room for movies and games I want to upgrade…

FAQ & Answers

• DragoWQXDragoWQX Member Posts: 2 New User
    Any I was exact 4K UHD… UHD has its trademark 4K no… Marketing
  • LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,982 Community Aficionado
    1.4 won't be able to carry 4k60 need 2.0 for that, ok for now but of it's to keep for a few years it would be a 'meh' point quite quickly!
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 
  • Or1sOr1s Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same question here. Product page of a H6815BD says 4k, 1080p 240hz, HDR10 compatibility and HDMI 1.4a port. But this is nonsense. 1.4a not a HDR10 compatibility (only 2.0+ is), dont have 1080p 240hz support (in theory can be 4:2:0 subsampling, but not a full color) and support 4k only in 30hz refresh rate. Or product page incorrect about hdmi version, or about hdr compatibility and resolution/refresh rate info. 
    If this projector hdmi 2.0+ this it really good option in budget, but if this realy 1.4 this is a ***** and more sense to buy some cheaper old projector with hdr 1080p 120hz what fully workd )
  • LarsGLarsG Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 11
    I had the same question as well, but decided to buy the H6815BD and test it. I can confirm that 4K, 60fsp and HDR10 works perfectly well with Xbox series X connected. So it can’t be HDMI 1.4b on the projector I guess? According to a Dutch sellers web site, this projector has HDMI 2.0b on both HDMI ports.

I have only tested it for a few hours, but 4K HDR10 gaming looks really good.
  • MintonMinton Member Posts: 3 New User
    LarsG said:
    I had the same question as well, but decided to buy the H6815BD and test it. I can confirm that 4K, 60fsp and HDR10 works perfectly well with Xbox series X connected. So it can’t be HDMI 1.4b on the projector I guess? According to a Dutch sellers web site, this projector has HDMI 2.0b on both HDMI ports.

I have only tested it for a few hours, but 4K HDR10 gaming looks really good.
    Is it possible to use 2k resolution whith this projector?