Updates for desktop Aspire i5

Sourgrapes
Sourgrapes Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Why does Acer sell a n USB-stick for restoring an Acer Aspire i5, that the commands aren't explained for. So i paid 50 Euro for an item i can't use.
Why is there room for an internal optic drive, with brackets  and SATA cable included for mounting, and Acer doesn't sell those drives at all, nor gives directions on where one can achieve it?
Why cant i find a 300 Watts power supply, and doesn't give Acer adresses for those too?
I need more Watts in order to place an extra vido card.

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    I went round and round with the ACER store re the USB Recovery Drive for my TC-895-UA92. It seems that they are a sales group. QUOTE not a "Tech Group" Acer Support explained that it is won't work unless your system is totally "wiped out". BTW to load the recovery USB, do a F12 or in my case a Fn F12 but I got ERROR CODE 262150 NAPPHDD.EXE  which I was told by support that I have to have a "blue screen" situation for the USB Recovery Drive to function. I don't buy their answer but I'm not wasting anymore time with them. Good Luck and maybe call support with your other concerns. 
  • Sourgrapes
    Sourgrapes Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Thanks for your answer, it shows that Acer only goes for the selling but not for the real support, and that they don't trust us with knowledge about their products.