Aspire A515-55 laptop - How do I find out if it's HDMI is low-powered or sufficiently powered ?

EngleEngle Member Posts: 1 New User
I'm looking at buying an HDMI to VGA adapter to connect Aspire laptop to a VGA monitor (Dell)

While researching adapters, one criteria states : 
" Primarily, there are two kinds of HDMI to VGA converters – active and passive.
Active converters have a power port that will allow you to use them with low power ports and usually include an audio output jack.
Passive converters usually output images/video and aren’t compatible with low-power HDMIs.
You should know which port you have before making a purchase decision. "

I checked the Acer manual, but it does not mention HDMI power. It states :

How do I find out about the Aspire A515-55 HDMI power ? 

Thanks, 

FAQ & Answers

• LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,338 Mainframe Wrangler
    There's not really a high powered port so not sure what it's talking about, usually the 'passive', ones will sip the power it needs off the hdmi no matter what. That main thing is 'active' ones have more chips in so need more power, hence the they usually have audio on bit
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online954

Acer-Blayn
Acer-Blayn
Acer-George
Acer-George
Acer-Ingrid
Acer-Ingrid
Acer-Manny
Acer-Manny
aldiney
aldiney
Anuknownuser22
Anuknownuser22
batmalin
batmalin
BobV
BobV
Brucklee
Brucklee
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
Daiany
Daiany
FakerVLC12
FakerVLC12
fnmaster
fnmaster
GeeKnight
GeeKnight
JeromeCasilao
JeromeCasilao
Natan_Silva
Natan_Silva
NekoFaye
NekoFaye
OP3927
OP3927
PaulK
PaulK
RenanVilela
RenanVilela
System
System
Thetopadventure
Thetopadventure
upmateusfaria
upmateusfaria
user99
user99
Vanity
Vanity
vg11
vg11
Xavier62
Xavier62
Zeiler
Zeiler
+926 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We are honored to have Leostat in the Acer Community. With their dedication, support and effort, Leostat has become one of the main collaborators. On behalf of our Acer Community Team and all of our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1338

Total Points:4292

Total Accepted Answers: 164

Leostat Mainframe Wrangler