Acer E1-571G-32344g50mnks CPU Upgrade?

JakeMNGJakeMNG Member Posts: 5 New User
Hi, I currently wanna buy an Acer E1-571G-32344g50mnks and I was wondering if I can upgrade de cpu. It currently has an I3 2348m.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 27,358 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
     If you're asking me to guarantee it 100%, I can't. I only have the Intel and Acer specifications available for this model that indicates a G2 socket, not  BGA. However, mainboard production changes are always possible without notice. But I have no control over this. I'm neither an ACER employee, ACER technical service rep or ACER contractor since this forum is mainly for peer-to-peer users communication between folks like you and me. Sorry. Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ

FAQ & Answers

Yes, you should be able to replace it with an dual core i5 or i7 with the same G2 or rPGA988B socket configuration. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
  • JakeMNGJakeMNG Member Posts: 5 New User
    JackE said:
    Yes, you should be able to replace it with an dual core i5 or i7 with the same G2 or rPGA988B socket configuration. Jack E/NJ

do you have any pics of someone actually doing it? I really dont want to end up with this laptop if I can upgrade my cpu.

>>>I really dont want to end up with this laptop if I can upgrade my cpu.>>>

What laptop do you have now? It might have a different CPU socket that's not replaceable. Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
    JackE said:
    >>>I really dont want to end up with this laptop if I can upgrade my cpu.>>>

What laptop do you have now? It might have a different CPU socket that's not replaceable. Jack E/NJ
    Currently? None. I want to buy an Acer E1-571G-32344g50mnks locally that has an I3 2348m, as I mentioned. I meant to say "...if I can't". 
    Basically, I wont buy this laptop if I cant upgrade that cpu.
    Here's a video. If you're not comfortable doing something like this, I suggest that it might be more practical and less risky to get a model with either the i5 dual or i7 quad core CPU already installed.  There's always a risk for collateral damage when doing a CPU transplant. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    I would be fairly confident in doing that. But, it dosent specify the cpu he upgraded and I'm really scared that the i3 the 571g has its soldered. Are you absolutely sure it has a socket? Im sorry for asking too many questions but this would be my first decent laptop
    Accepted Answer
     If you're asking me to guarantee it 100%, I can't. I only have the Intel and Acer specifications available for this model that indicates a G2 socket, not  BGA. However, mainboard production changes are always possible without notice. But I have no control over this. I'm neither an ACER employee, ACER technical service rep or ACER contractor since this forum is mainly for peer-to-peer users communication between folks like you and me. Sorry. Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
    JackE said:
    thats understandable, thanks a lot anyways!
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online1.5K

Acer-Erick
Acer-Erick
Acer-George
Acer-George
Acer-Ingrid
Acer-Ingrid
Acer-Manny
Acer-Manny
Acer-Samuel
Acer-Samuel
alfieb2204
alfieb2204
Andy4046
Andy4046
Ansh2236
Ansh2236
Anuknownuser22
Anuknownuser22
ArnLay67
ArnLay67
ChrisCasanelli
ChrisCasanelli
christy1
christy1
Cnolan44
Cnolan44
Coqui13
Coqui13
dunre
dunre
Edward1212
Edward1212
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
FabriciodSilva
FabriciodSilva
felipe1791
felipe1791
fnmaster
fnmaster
gogaresko
gogaresko
Metalmama
Metalmama
NekoFaye
NekoFaye
NGriggs88
NGriggs88
Osagiyan
Osagiyan
PaulK
PaulK
RenanVilela
RenanVilela
robotant
robotant
surfscuba808
surfscuba808
TransparentPixel
TransparentPixel
upmateusfaria
upmateusfaria
vg11
vg11
volkercube
volkercube
Yinet
Yinet
Zeiler
Zeiler
Andy4046
Andy4046
+1.4K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We are honored to have Leostat in the Acer Community. With their dedication, support and effort, Leostat has become one of the main collaborators. On behalf of our Acer Community Team and all of our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1338

Total Points:4292

Total Accepted Answers: 164

Leostat Mainframe Wrangler