Dell XPS 13 + D6000 docking station + 2 Acer KG221Q A monitors - not happening!!!!!!

Enrolorne
Enrolorne Member Posts: 1 New User
Just bought new Dell XPS 13 + D6000 docking station. I previoulsy used the same 2 Acer KG221Q A monitors with my previous Dell docking station and previous XPS 13 and worked ok. But this new dock and new XPS is just not happening!!!!!!
When I go to the Acer driver and manuals page, it says make sure "... Before installing the Touchpad driver, please install the Serial I/O driver first....." But admitedly I didn't understand that and just downloaded the driver and restarted the laptop hoping it would work. It sort of flashes on and off on the monitor but doesn't work. Help me install these 2 monitors please.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    The issue is going to be on the Dell side, not on the Acer. The monitors are just monitors and don't need any special drivers. The docking station, however, does need drivers and possibly also firmware updates. Use the Dell support apps to verify the dock is fully up to date and that the XPS has the needed Windows drivers for the dock. I don't think the D6000 falls into this category, but some Dell docks only allow one monitor at a time, even if they have several ports...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.