Horizontal white lines flickering throughout my laptop's screen (SWIFT SF313-52)? Help :<

december
december Member Posts: 1 New User
I've been experiencing it days ago, but I don't know what to do. Btw I just bought this months ago (December 2020 iirc) The white lines show up like every 3-5 seconds. I tried restarting my device, but the lines still remain. I tried updating the drivers (not sure if I did it correctly). I tried the different angles (I found this in Quora) of the laptop's screen orientation, but it didn't fix the problem. 

Has anyone faced the same problem? Thank you so much! 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi december,

# Power drain,

1.Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Shutdown the unit.
    3. Search for a pinhole on the backside of your laptop, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole, press and hold it down for 25 seconds. Then release the paperclip and try to turn on the unit and check.​
    ​Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • Can you record a video of the problem and post it on youtube? Does the same problem occur when resetting the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Yes, your laptop is new enough you shouldn't be experiencing the cracked wiring issues that show up after several years of opening and closing the lid, so screen position isn't going to make a difference. Hardware issues could be the connectors at either end of the cable that runs between the screen and motherboard, if one end is slightly loose it might introduce noise into the display. It also could point at any of several things on the motherboard. Your best bet is likely to contact Acer support for warranty repair.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Hi december,

Is there any update ?
  • VisualChin
    VisualChin Member Posts: 4 New User
    Could it be solved? Just yesterday this problem happened to me and I already tried everything. I attach photos of evidence. 
  • VisualChin
    Could it be solved? Just yesterday this problem happened to me and I already tried everything. I attach photos of evidence. 
    Here is the evidence. 
  • billsey
    @VisualChin first check to see if there has been a driver update for your GPU that might have been corrupted during the install and roll it back if so. That is the most likely cause... If it were and external monitor I'd have you look at the cable but that is much tougher to have happen with a laptop.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • VisualChin
    I already tried the GPU drivers, but it didn't work. I decided to factory reset it, but the problem still remains. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Does an HDMI out to external screen or TV show the same thing?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Hi VisualChin,

Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/es/MX/content/service-contact 
  • Easwar
    Hi VisualChin,

Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/es/MX/content/service-contact 
  • marcheb
    marcheb Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi. Do you have an update regarding this issue? Im also experiencing this kind of white and black lines just now. 

Done all the troubleshoot but still the same.
    im trying to drain the battery to see if this will fix the screen problem. 

• marcheb
    Easwar said:
    Hi december,

# Power drain,

1.Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Shutdown the unit.
    3. Search for a pinhole on the backside of your laptop, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole, press and hold it down for 25 seconds. Then release the paperclip and try to turn on the unit and check.​
    ​Check this T/S and post the result. 
    Done this but still nothing change. Im trying to powerdrain.
  • JackE

Jack E/NJ

• marcheb
    JackE said:
    Sadly, no. 😔 It looks clear on the tv. 
  • billsey
    OK, that helps pin it down. It's likely either the cable that runs between the motherboard and display or the display itself. If you feel comfortable opening things up try reseating the cable in case there's just a bit of corrosion building up.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    edited January 2022
    >>>Sadly, no. 😔 It looks clear on the tv.  >>>

Don't be sad, that means your graphics adapter and motherboard are probably OK and may simply need an inexpensive replacement LCD cable as @billsey and @egydiocoelho suggested.  Simple google search sf313-52 & lcd cable for vendors who ship to your location.

Jack E/NJ

• isuru21
    isuru21 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Please did you solve the problem. I have the same issue with the Acer Swift 3 laptop.

• isuru21
    isuru21 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Brother did you solve the issue I have the same issue with my new acer swift 3 laptop.