Acer nitro xv282k help

Options
Xetanx
Xetanx Member Posts: 2 New User
Cannot get 4k@120hz on ps5 tried 2 different hdmi 2.1 cords. Made sure ps5 is in performance mode for selected games. Made sure resolution is on auto. Have followed many you tube videos and mine when it switches to 120hz it lowers resolution down to 1080. How can I test to make sure this 1000$ monitor can actually do 4k@120hz and is there a way to reset the monitor? Support told me to reset it but didn’t seem to know how. The owners manual chart in the English section has the external controls written in some language that isn’t English lol. Chat support was terrible I already cut box up not sure if I can return it arrived Friday.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    4k120 isnt possible on the PS5 (or anything really) at the moment, its either high framerate or high res. I think the one that gets the closeest is spiderman which gets 1080p Ray tracing and 60fps. In the future maybe if they enable the AMD super res or whatever the AI upscaling is called, or with the "pro" or whatever version of the console which comes next it may be possible.

For reference even a 3090 wont be doing that! https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-review/3
  • IIBiZARRE
    IIBiZARRE Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    4k 120 is possible with ps5 on that monitor 

-Monitor-
    Turn off adapt sync(I did, not sure if you absolutely have to)
    Turn on hdmi 2.1
    Turn on HDR

Most important for whatever reason there is some kind of bug with the PS5 HDCP.  Turn off hdcp and then turn it back on.   Check resolution in ps5 and boom your at 120.

• Xetanx
    Xetanx Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Can I ask what game u was able to get 120hz 4k?
  • Leostat
    Options
    My understanding is it can output at that, but you will never find a game running at 4k120!
  • questions4K
    questions4K Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Warzone, Days Gone - no problem with 4K 120FPS on this monitor and 3090 RTX. :)
  • Leostat
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Aha, if the PS5 ran as well as a 3090 it would be a steal 😂 its a great machine but its not going to be till the PS5 pro and the rumorded dual crossfire GPU + AI upscaling  till the consoles hit that i think