How to set Predator XB273K to 98hz?

AgentTBC
AgentTBC Member Posts: 3 New User
I've had the Predator XB273k for two weeks now and it's working great with one caveat.  Everything I've read indicates that in order to get 10 bpc for HDR mode you have to reduce the monitor's refresh to 98hz so that the bandwidth through the dual DP cable is sufficient.  Ok great.  Except I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.  I can do it with ONE DP cable plugged in by creating a custom resolution in the nVidia control panel.  But obviously one cable isn't enough bandwith for 10 bpc at 98hz. 

I've got 4k 144hz working flawlessly.  But I can't get the monitor to drop the resolution to 98hz with the 4k 144hz option enabled, only 144hz, 120, 60.  The "customize" option is greyed out.  Screenshot below.  What am I missing?  There appears to be no way to reduce the refresh to 98hz.

Answers

• JaylumX
    JaylumX Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have a Acer Predator CG437KP and use the settings I am showing so they should work on yours.

Grab CRU from link shown in above post and install by creating a directory and unpacking contents there.

Go to the following website:  Pixel Clock Calculator - Monitor Tests
    Type in your native resolution and desired refresh rate and click Calculate (make sure pixel clock decimal paces is set to 2).

To get 10bit colour at your desired refresh rate, choose one with a pixel clock of 856.52mhz or less.  Any higher and it will be 8bit colour.  For reference I use 854.56mhz @ 4000x2180.  We need these numbers to enter into CRU.

Open CRU and navigate to Extension Block option (near the bottom).
    Double click on the bottom selection it should say something like default extension block (not the one that says CTA-861 etc).
    Once there, click Add and select Detailed Resolutions as Type.
    Once there, click Add again and in the following screen which should say Timings, Parameters and Frequency, type your refresh rate in the Frequency bit under refresh rate.  In the Parameters section, look for Total and in the Horizontal column of it, type 4000 and in the vertical column of it type 2180.
    Once you do that, in the Frequency section, the pixel clock should be the same as the one generated in the pixel clock generator website.

Keep pressing OK until you exit CRU.

Restart PC and 98hz should be the highest resolution selectable and 10bit colour available @ 444 chroma.
  • JaylumX
    JaylumX Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have a Acer Predator CG437KP and use the settings I am showing so they should work on yours.

Grab CRU from link shown in above post and install by creating a directory and unpacking contents there.

Go to the following website:  Pixel Clock Calculator - Monitor Tests
    Type in your native resolution and desired refresh rate and click Calculate (make sure pixel clock decimal paces is set to 2).

To get 10bit colour at your desired refresh rate, choose one with a pixel clock of 856.52mhz or less.  Any higher and it will be 8bit colour.  For reference I use 854.56mhz @ 4000x2180.  We need these numbers to enter into CRU.

Open CRU and navigate to Extension Block option (near the bottom).
    Double click on the bottom selection it should say something like default extension block (not the one that says CTA-861 etc).
    Once there, click Add and select Detailed Resolutions as Type.
    Once there, click Add again and in the following screen which should say Timings, Parameters and Frequency, type your refresh rate in the Frequency bit under refresh rate.  In the Parameters section, look for Total and in the Horizontal column of it, type 4000 and in the vertical column of it type 2180.
    Once you do that, in the Frequency section, the pixel clock should be the same as the one generated in the pixel clock generator website.

Keep pressing OK until you exit CRU.

Restart PC and 98hz should be the highest resolution selectable and 10bit colour available @ 444 chroma.