Acer One 10 Touchscreen stopped working after windows 10 and driver update

Alia
Alia Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I have an Acer One 10 tablet and it has a touchscreen and yesterday while i was doing windows update and the additional update, after they finished the touch screen stopped working. I have to dock the screen on the keyboard to use it. It doesn't even log in. I was using this as a tablet with the screen only and i don't use keyboard part.
I looked into the device manager-human interface devices but i couldn't find the touchscreen at all.
Can anyone help with this?
The updates were: 
2021-03 update for windows 10 version 20H2 for x86-based systems (KB4023057)
Driver updates:
Kionix, Inc. - Other hardware - Kionix Sensor Fusion Device
Intel - Other hardware - Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager
Intel - Other hardware - Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Processor Participant
Kionix, Inc. - Other hardware - Kionix KXTJ9 3-axis accelerometer SPB
Other Updates:
Windows malicious software removal tool - v5.88 (KB890830)
2021-02 cumulative update preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for windows 10 , version 20H2 (KB4601554)
Update for removal of adobe flash player for windows 10 version 20H2 for x86-based systems (KB4577586)
2021-04 cumulative update preview for windows 10 version 20H2 for x86-based systems (KB5001391)
Those are all the updates that i installed yesterday and caused the screen the stop working.
I tried to uninstall the driver updates but i couldn't or didn't know from where to do that and i don't know if the drivers update is the problem to start with.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Take a look in Device Manager, especially in the USB hubs, to see if anything is amiss. The Kionix updates should affect the touch screen, but do affect automatic screen rotation. The Intel updates might have screwed up one of the low level hubs (the type of USB ports that aren't exposed with a jack). The touch screen looks to the system like a USB device connected to one of those hubs. Often a recheck for updates followed by a shut down and the a power on will clear those issues up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Alia

Tinkerer

The touch screen doesn’t appese at all under the device manager.
    i tried to do a whole reboot to factory settings and even installed windows 10 again but the kionix update wasn’t included and I cent even uninstall it. It gives an error message saying it wasn’t properly installed and can’t be uninstalled. 
    Can you help me in uninstalling it from somewhere other than the programs uninstall ?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Alia,

I suggest you to download and install the missing driver from the below link, 

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6142?b=1 
  • Is the laptop model the S1002 or S1003?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Alia

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho  it is S1002
    @Easwar i am downloading the drivers and will let you know the result. I'm hoping for the best. Thank you so much!! I will let you know the result
  • Alia

Tinkerer

@Easwar it didn't work  :/
    i don't know what to do 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Alia

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho i did that already but it didn't solve it. The version of the windows 10 that was reinstalled already had the Kionix sensors and i don't know how to install a version of windows 10 that doesn't have this Kionix sensor installed in it
  • billsey
    The Kionix sensor is for seeing the tablet rotate so it can rotate the screen appropriately. It's not tied to the touch screen
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Alia

Tinkerer

@billsey apparently it affected my touch screen, sound and camera. All the screen part and it’s sensors aren’t working 🥺
  • billsey
    My guess is the USB hub behind those (on the MB and not exposed externally) is either not showing up or is corrupting the data going through it. Turn on the Show Hidden Devices in Device Manager and look at Universal Serial Bus Controllers. See if you have a Root Hub or Extensible Bus Controller that's hidden.
  • Alia

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho  it is S1002
    @Easwar i am downloading the drivers and lets hope for the best! I will let you know. Thank you very much!