Aspire 3 A315-56 - Can't enter in BIOS

nikaberidze35
nikaberidze35 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

some days ago I installing Linux on my laptop when one step of installation failed

since this period I was accessing BIOS with F2, but now I am not able to access BIOS, I have tried fn+F2 but the laptop freezes on the Acer logo

any ideas?

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Its usually caused by a bawked UEFI entry, if you bash f12 can you still get to the boot menu? If not you need to pull the drive from the bottom to be able to get into the UEFI
  • nikaberidze35

Tinkerer

Leostat said:
    Its usually caused by a bawked UEFI entry, if you bash f12 can you still get to the boot menu? If not you need to pull the drive from the bottom to be able to get into the UEFI
    when I type F12 it shows me boot menu, but is there any way to get into BIOS, I found that pressing alt+F10 starts windows 10 in recovery mode and from here I can enter bios, but what if I do not have any OS installed and want to enter into BIOS

do you think is there any way to enter BIOS?

thanks in advance
  • Leostat
    so if can get to the boot menu you can always boot a live CD, and then use rboot --sysetem-firmware (from memeory) to drop into the UEFI  . I didnt know about the alt F10 :)

So if there is no uefi entry at all it should let you in all the time, if there is only a bawked one a live CD would work as long as you can boot it and i guess the alt f10 if there is a win 10 insall. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,186 Trailblazer
    edited May 2021
    Try disconnecting the hard drive and try to access the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nikaberidze35

Tinkerer

This might be a problem with Linux GRUB?

check

as I mentioned I was installing kali Linux and one step failed, but I skipped and installed grub anywas
  • Leostat
    Ish, its something to do with the EFI loader on the laptop itself , so when something is skew it causes issues. Most of the time a VM is better than dual boot :)

What step failed, and where did you try to install grub to? It is probs what caused it!
  • nikaberidze35

Tinkerer

Leostat said:
    Ish, its something to do with the EFI loader on the laptop itself , so when something is skew it causes issues. Most of the time a VM is better than dual boot :)

What step failed, and where did you try to install grub to? It is probs what caused it!
    I installed base OS (kali) but then there is an option to select SOFTWARES to be installed, I selected but the installer failed (I got this screenshot)

after this, I just skip this step and finished installation (Grub installed)
  • Leostat
    Screenshot didnt work :D  at a guess the repo mirror went down / was unaccessable that happens quite a bit with kali
  • Try disconnecting the hard drive and try to access the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi nikaberidze35,

# Power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the AC power adapter.
    3. Search for a pinhole on the backside of your laptop, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole, press and hold it down for 25 seconds. Then release the paperclip and try to turn on the unit and check.​

After this try to get into the BIOS by pressin the F2 then turn ON the unit.