VG280K - No signal

Options
KUPO97
KUPO97 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi

I recently bought a VG280K. I have its 3 ports connected to 3 different devices:

- DP: Connected to a MacBook Pro
- HDMI1: Connected to a PS4
- HDMI2: Connected to a Windows desktop computer

Every time I switch signal to the HDMI2 port (the Windows desktop computer), the monitor displays a 'no signal' message and then goes dark. It then comes on again, displays another 'no signal' message, and goes dark again. Finally, it comes back on again and now displays the Windows computer's output without any issue. This happens every single time.

Any ideas what could be causing it?

My old monitor (not an Acer) has been connected the same way and never had any issues.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi KUPO97,

Try to swap the cables and connect  the devices. 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi KUPO97,

Try to swap the cables and connect  the devices. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Microsoft has said they will be adding better support for waking slept monitors to likely the fall update (21H2). That should ease the issue. I believe what's happening is that they think the monitor has gone to sleep since the signal went away when you switched to a different device. When you switch back it takes them too long to realize it, and even longer to really recover.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KUPO97
    KUPO97 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks both. I changed the cables around and it seems to work properly now. 
This discussion has been closed.