Anyone else have issues with monitors dying

Options
JJacobellis
JJacobellis Member Posts: 1 New User
Monitor is less than 6 months old.  It had power board issues and dies.  Sent it in under warranty the first time.  They "fix" it and send it back.  This time it lasts 2 days.  They convince me to send it in again and during shipping the screen must've cracked.  They want me to pay for it since it's not under warranty. 

Maybe if they fixed it right the first time I wouldn't have had to send it in again.  I'll never buy another acer product. I suggest others also stay away.  

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Turn in a claim with the shipping company. They are likely the ones who cracked it...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Monitor is less than 6 months old.  It had power board issues and dies.  Sent it in under warranty the first time.  They "fix" it and send it back.  This time it lasts 2 days.  They convince me to send it in again and during shipping the screen must've cracked.  They want me to pay for it since it's not under warranty. 

Maybe if they fixed it right the first time I wouldn't have had to send it in again.  I'll never buy another acer product. I suggest others also stay away.  

Hi JJacobellis,

Thanks for the information and I am really sorry about this!  Can you please send me a private message and provide me with the serial number so I can go ahead and get the message to our support team for follow-up? 

Unfortunately, i am just a moderator, a moderator’s job is to maintain the forum itself, so we are unable to access accounts or provide support and technical information all i can do is passed along the information to our support team.

The Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users.

Although this community is not a direct portal to Customer service, many Acer employees read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate.

But primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Thanks for understanding!

Acer-Manny