Acer Aspire E5-774G-52W1 Will not power on while on battery

mikee286
mikee286 Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
I've posted a couple of times about this issue after trying a few different things I finally bought a replacement battery.  However this did not fix the issue.  The computer still will not power on unless plugged in.  Once it is turned on it will run on battery just fine.  This is happening with both the old battery and the new battery.  What else could this be?  While I was inside the computer putting back the original battery I checked all the connections to cables and everything seems snug and seated correctly.

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi mikee286,

It's better to contact local tech to fix this temporarily. It may cost low in price for service. Anyway you said that you are planning to buy a new unit in november so this will be the best option. 

Answers

• Easwar
    Hi mikee286,

# Power drain,

1)Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2)Press and hold the Power button down until the unit goes off. 
    3)Search for a pinhole on the backside of your laptop, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole, press and hold it down for 25 seconds. Then release the paperclip and try to turn on the unit and check.​

Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • mikee286
    Easwar said:
    Hi mikee286,

# Power drain,

1)Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2)Press and hold the Power button down until the unit goes off. 
    3)Search for a pinhole on the backside of your laptop, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole, press and hold it down for 25 seconds. Then release the paperclip and try to turn on the unit and check.​

Check this T/S and post the result. 
    I held power button down for 25 seconds and did the same with the pin hole battery reset button and no change.  The problem still exists.
  • Easwar
    edited April 2021
    Hi mikee286,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

Or

Book the unit for repair service,

• mikee286
    I wonder if it's even worth paying to get it fixed.  I've had this computer for 5 years and I'm assuming it's going to cost 100$+ to fix it out of warranty and I was going already planning to buy a new laptop in november anyway.
  • Easwar
    Hi mikee286,

Is your unit is out of warranty ?
  • mikee286
    Yes I think it's been out of warranty for years.
  • Easwar
    Answer ✓
    Hi mikee286,

It's better to contact local tech to fix this temporarily. It may cost low in price for service. Anyway you said that you are planning to buy a new unit in november so this will be the best option.