ChromeOS R11 (CB5-132T, C738Tis missing or damaged

Options
Dis_One
Dis_One Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2021 in Chromebooks
I have an Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T, C738T). When powering up it says ChromeOS is missing or damaged. please insert a usb stick or sd card. For help go to google.com/chromeos/recovery Model:CYAN D25-C7J-N4C-A3F. I went to the site and it gave me a tool to make a installer for the laptop. I did so and it began to load only saying checking the intergertity of the media and then it to says an unexpected error has occured about 75% of the way through. I looked at the google site again and it says when that happens to try remaking the installer and if that doesnt work to contact the laptop maker.

I tried an 8GB usb 2.0 flash drive, and 16GB usb 2.0 flash drive, a 16GB usb 3.0 flash drive, a 64GB usb 3.1 flash drive, and a 8GB class 10 sd card. all of which give me the exact same error on both usb ports. I saw online for different models some have gotten around this issue by getting the .bin file from the laptop maker so i'd like to see if i can get that .bin or if a different solution can be given.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Dis_One,

Hard reset your Chromebook
    1. Turn off your Chromebook.
    2. Press and hold Esc + Refresh + tap Power .
    3. When your Chromebook starts up, release Refresh .
    How to recover Chrome OS to its original factory state - iFixit Repair Guide
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    My guess is the installer is failing when it gets to the first verified write to the drive. The CB5-132T models all use eMMC drives, which are soldered to the motherboard, so a repair for a failed or failing drive requires a trip to the service center. Any chance you are still in warranty?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Dis_One,

Is there any update.