How can I repurpose an acer A8202 tablet (GrandPad) to be used as a general purpose tablet?

Options
PastorTom
PastorTom Member Posts: 1 New User
I have two GrandPads (acer A8202 tablet) that my parents don't use. Can I repurpose them as regular tablets? Is there a way to do a factory reset or some other approach to removing the GrandPad system and replace it with whatever OS is common on other acer tablets?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Boy, that one is a toughie... I believe the unit was done as a custom for the Grandpad folks and not sold through regular channels. Tech support is supposed to be provided through Grandpad and not through Acer itself. That means we don't have access to a service guide on it, so can't tell what's going on 'under the skin' as it were. My guess is it's running Android with a locked down skin to provide the GUI expected. You might be able to get into a reset or developer mode similar to what you can see in Android, and from there determine if anything can be tweaked. It's quite likely however that everything is locked to the point where there's just not a lot of customization available.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Millardmarie
    Millardmarie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Is there a way to reset the grand pad ?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022
    Options

The answer is the same, we don't have visibility into the workings of those models, so can't give you any better information than what is in your users manual.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.