Extreme overheating issues on Triton 500

Options
Psych0T4p
Psych0T4p Member Posts: 1 New User
On December 2019 my family bought me the Acer Predator Triton 500 (rtx2080, i7 9750H, 1TB M.2,32GB RAM, 3 year warranty). Real expensive gift. It was amazing (BFV 90+ fps, Minecraft Java HyPixel 400+, CSGO 300+) but sometimes hit 85 degrees celsius while gaming. That was until July 2020, when it started overheating (90+ degrees gaming, 80 when standby, so even when it didn't crash it ran slower to prevent crashing. It still crashed.) and got into a cycle of screen freezing, blue screen of death, a screen that says "no bootable device" until I restarted it again. We sent it to the lab and I had to factory reset the laptop, the Acer certified lab repaired it and it took almost a month. They said it ran so hot probably hurt the motherboard inside.Laptop came back from the lab, was like new until just a few days ago, when it hit 94 degrees in csgo. I noticed the keyboard was hot so I checked the Predator app preinstalled on the laptop, and when I saw the 94 degrees on the CPU I knew what's coming next. Now I get the worst performance I have ever got on this laptop. It hits 90 degrees standby and 95 when gaming. When it goes back to the lab it'll take another month and they will tellme the same story. I will have to reinstall all the games again. When the computer goes once to the lab, it's bad luck- they will repair it and it will work fine. The second time it goes in, be ready for more.
 I did NOT overclock it, or opened it up to upgrade it. I hope you guys could find a solution to this problem, but I believe this is the end of my gaming laptop experience. Next computer I am getting is a desktop.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,801 Pathfinder
    edited April 2021
    Options
    For simple solution, you can search a way to undervolt it or turn off turbo boost. Intel CPU tends to have high temps. I just have to repaste it by myself for better temperature.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!