What should I do if my trackpad is not working? Aspire A514-53

downtown_man
downtown_man Member Posts: 5 New User
edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, I have an Aspire A514-53 laptop, and suddenly its trackpad stopped working. Although the cursor is movable, the gestures and scrolling functions do not. Yesterday morning I was still able to use it, however after I charged it and opened the laptop again, the trackpad hardened and there's no clicking sound. Is it a drivers' issue or some serious hardware one? Here is a snip of my device manager,

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You could try reinstalling Intel Serial IO driver(version 30.100.2010.1), go to Acer support site, download and extract it to the Desktop, open Device Manager, expand System devices, right click Intel serial IO I2C Host controller and select Update driver and select Browse my computer for drivers, select the destination as your Desktop where you have saved the extracted file.
    Product Support | Acer United Kingdom

• downtown_man
    Hi, thank you for helping me out! But I tried all the steps and it says that I already have the best driver available for my device. What should I do next? Should I install the Touchpad Driver by Synaptics or leave it out? And also my trackpad went hard in the middle and it does not produce any clicking sound. I worry that it might be an inside driver problem. I really am in a panic right now. Thanks!

I hope you could answer!

• Have you ever pressed only f7, fn + f7 or alt + f7?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Try the suggestion by @egydiocoelho, also you could try right clicking the Serial IO I2C Host controller and select properties, move to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • downtown_man
    Thank you both of you but I think mine is a unique problem. The cursor is there, and I can move it. However, I can't do gestures like single and double-finger clicks. Also, my trackpad hardened and it does not produce any clicking sound. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi downtown_man,

Update the touchpad driver in device manager. 

Nitro 5 Touchpad stopped working overnight  Acer Community
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi downtown_man,

# Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

Check this T/S and post the result.