Specifications for Acer Spin CP713-2W-35UA

Options
michel416
michel416 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Newbie here. Just breaking in my new Chromebook, so far all is good, but I have a question about the specifications. Initially, I could not find them on Acer's website, later I did find them but only after Googling the model number. I purchased this Chromebook from Costco and on their website, the specifications state this model has 128 GB SSD storage. However, the specifications on Acer's site only state a Flash memory capacity of 128 GB. So my question is: do I, or do I not have SSD in this model, and is it replaceable easily? Thank you.

Best Answer

• michel416

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    I just came off a chat with Acer User Support and they confirmed to me that my Chromebook contains SSD and that it is replaceable. So I answered my own question. Also, I am happy that Costco did not lie in their advertisement. I was already happy with my purchase but now it feels even better.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,135 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please go to Device Manager, expand Disk drives and post the picture, this model has come with 128GB eMMC storage as well.
    Buy ACER Spin 713 13.5" 2-in-1 Chromebook - Intel® Core™ i3, 128 GB eMMC, Grey | Free Delivery | Currys
  • michel416

Tinkerer

edited April 2021
    Options
    Device Manager??? in a Chromebook???, this isn't Windows. If I am mistaken, could you please give me the exact steps? Thanks.
    This is a link to the Acer specs:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/professional-model/NX.HTZAA.005
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,135 Trailblazer
    Options
    michel416 said:
    Device Manager??? in a Chromebook???, this isn't Windows. If I am mistaken, could you please give me the exact steps? Thanks.
    This is a link to the Acer specs:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/professional-model/NX.HTZAA.005
    My apologies, find the details of the drive in your system with the instructions in here:How to View Your Chromebook’s Hardware Specifications and System Information (howtogeek.com)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It is not an ssd, but a flash memory: CP713-2W-35UA-CA CHROME / I3-10110U / BT5 / 8G / 128GB MMC / 3L4.67 / 13.5 / TOUCH

You can now install a ssd m2 2280:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • michel416

Tinkerer

Options
    @brummyfan2 Thanks but I had already tried that. Those methods tell you how much memory you have available but not the type of hardware used. I do not understand why Acer chose to just call it Flash memory in the specifications. This makes it unclear because SSD and eMMC are both a type of flash memory.

@egydiocoelho Thanks too, but I am not convinced what you showed me is the same Acer product number. Mine is NX.HTZAA.005. Where did you get your information? My specs are here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/professional-model/NX.HTZAA.005

To both of you: I think I will try Acer technical support chat to clarify this. In any event, if it is not SSD then Costco deceived me.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    IIRC the CP713-2W-35UA is a Costco model for sale in Canada. I don't have direct access to specs, but the CP713-2W line can use either NVMe or eMMC for the 128GB drive size. Because it's for Costco I'd assume they are using the eMMC since that's a little cheaper to build, so lowers the retail price.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • michel416

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    I just came off a chat with Acer User Support and they confirmed to me that my Chromebook contains SSD and that it is replaceable. So I answered my own question. Also, I am happy that Costco did not lie in their advertisement. I was already happy with my purchase but now it feels even better.

This discussion has been closed.