Alpha switch 12 not booting up

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,521 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Alpha switch 12 not booting up.

Answers

• CHICHO
    CHICHO Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I just got this issue, none of the recommendations have worked thus far

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    @CHICHO Please give us more details. There are so many different things that can interfere with the boot process. Which SA5-271 model do you have? Which processor, how much memory, how big of SSD, which OS version?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • skullaria
    skullaria Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I'm having the same issues. It did it once before and it finally booted up, but this time I can't get it to boot. It says as far sw5271-64 V2 and model m2398

Both times it has this has happened has been when it's run all the way down while it's been on. (I didn't realize it was unplugged, and just kept using it.)

I get a red light only when the chargers in. Pressing the power button does nothing

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,657 Trailblazer
    Options

There are 2 issues posted here, I will try to reply to the last one: If indeed you discharged the battery to "zero" (Windows default is set to shutdown at 10% but maybe you changed that setting to zero?) your battery is damaged and that would explain your booting issues. Create a battery report by typing or pasting the following line in the Command Prompt:

powercfg /batteryreport /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report.html

Open the file "battery_report.html" on your Desktop (double click) and see what the Full Charged Capacity reads, should be close to the Designed Capacity. When you see blank entries or very low numbers your battery is dead and you should get a new one ($50).

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options

If you are only getting the amber light when the charger is plugged in, that is indicating the battery isn't fully charged, but the charging is in progress. Wait until the light turns blue to show a full charge and then try again to turn in on. Remember you have to hold the power button for a few seconds to turn it on… If it never gets to blue then likely the battery has failed due to it's age and wants to be replaced.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.