Acer Aspire xc-605 Motherboard Manual

I was trying to upgrade my Acer Desktop and I messed something up in the BIOS (secure boot, now the drives won't show up), so I need to the motherboard manual to see what I need to fix. Any help will be much appreciated. 

Specs: 
G3320 CPU
GT 620 GPU
500 HDD( what I was trying to upgrade) 
8 GB Memory 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,789 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Verify the BIOS is in UEFI mode and disable Secure boot to verify things still come up. Once you are sure that is still working we'll work on why it thinks your EFI image is bad.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• do the units appear here?

Try pressing f9 and then f10!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Warthunderfan637
    Warthunderfan637 Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

ahhh, what do you mean by the unit? But I will try to do the AHCI Port1/2/3 thing. 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,779 Trailblazer
    ahhh, what do you mean by the unit? But I will try to do the AHCI Port1/2/3 thing. 
    First, what did you do, as you said "I was trying to upgrade my Acer Desktop and I messed something up"? Is that with the bios? What upgrades? As there are allot of different things that can be done.

If its with the bios? Try to clear CMOS first. As a clearing of the Setup configuration values (CMOS) is done if the configuration has been corrupted, or if incorrect settings made in the Setup Utility caused error messages to be unreadable. This procedure will clear the BIOS supervisor password as well. Use the CMOS1 jumper to clear the CMOS data.
    • 1-2 position: Normal operation (default)
    • 2-3 position: Clear CMOS data 
    To clear the CMOS data:
    1. Turn off the power to the computer and all peripherals.
    2. Unplug the power cord from the computer.
    3. Unplug the network cable and all connected peripheral devices from the computer.
    4. Place the computer on a flat, steady surface.
     5. Remove the side panel.
    6. If necessary, remove any expansion cards, assemblies or cables that prevent access to the CMOS clear jumper.
    7. Locate the CLR_CMOS jumper on the mainboard

8. Remove the jumper block and set it over the 2-3 pins for 20 to 30 seconds.
    9. Return the jumper block to its default 1-2 position.
    10. Reinstall any expansion card, peripheral, and system cables that have previously been removed.
    11. Reinstall the side panel.
    12. Connect the AC power cord to the system.
    13. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    14. During POST, press Delete to access the Setup Utility.
    15. Press F9 to load the system default values.
    16. Press F10 to save the changes you made and close the Setup Utility

Try all this and see if your bios is reset, let us know.
  • Warthunderfan637

Tinkerer

I was trying to upgrade from an HDD to an SSD, after I clone the SSD and was booting up, I enabled the secure boot option and after that, the drives ( both the new SSD and the old HDD) weren't detected so it wouldn't boot. Both drives were detected before secure boot. 
    I will try both of you guy's suggestions, I will let you know if it works
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Warthunderfan637

Remove the old HDD.

Before the first SSD boot, enter BIOS, Load Optimized Default (F9) , save and exit (F10).

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,789 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Verify the BIOS is in UEFI mode and disable Secure boot to verify things still come up. Once you are sure that is still working we'll work on why it thinks your EFI image is bad.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Warthunderfan637

Tinkerer

Thank you all for helping me out, it turns out that I just needed to boot the system in default to fully disable secure boot. Thanks again