SSD specs? - AN515-52-53G3

RiaanSRiaanS Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 21 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
Hi, 

I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-53G3 laptop (i5 8300h, GTX 1050) that came with a standard 1TB HDD (no SSD).

I've been searching online to find the exact specs for an SSD upgrade that will be compatible with my laptop? I have found some topics that mention the AN515-52, but not my AN515-52-53G3 model.

Does all AN515-52 models use the same motherboards, therefore the same SSD specs? 

Will I be able to upgrade my HDD to a newer SSD version like a 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen 4.0, or will my system only support a Gen 3.0? Will my system support a NVMe SSD at all?

I'm not an expert in IT, but understand the basics and are able to do the installation myself. Will I need to buy a SSD that comes with a heatsink, or does my laptop have one built in (haven't ever opened the back panel)?

My son uses this laptop mainly for gaming (Fortnite, Minecraft, Epic & Steam games) and it is starting to lag more and more, therefore the SSD upgrade (think the 8GB Ram is OK for now?). 

Please advise what the min. (for gaming) and max. (my system will support) specs for a SSD will be that I should be on the lookout for when buying a new SSD for this system. Any brand and or model suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I'm based in South Africa.

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Best Answers

FAQ & Answers

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online1.3K

Acer-George
Acer-George
Acer-Ingrid
Acer-Ingrid
Acer-Jose
Acer-Jose
Acer-Manny
Acer-Manny
Acer-Tomas
Acer-Tomas
aivan2323
aivan2323
AngelPerez
AngelPerez
angryqat
angryqat
avengermkii
avengermkii
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
cimon
cimon
CLEMENT44600
CLEMENT44600
Coqui13
Coqui13
Cyriix
Cyriix
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
EmilioGC
EmilioGC
Febastos21
Febastos21
GaRbIxD99
GaRbIxD99
GarethS1994
GarethS1994
Graceysera2
Graceysera2
Highway
Highway
Humprey501
Humprey501
ilvuszq
ilvuszq
JackE
JackE
Kev0806
Kev0806
LauderNeto
LauderNeto
Lautiargx
Lautiargx
Licinio
Licinio
Lodetti
Lodetti
Ondrej_
Ondrej_
opaggiatto
opaggiatto
osq
osq
PaulK
PaulK
PrskMate
PrskMate
r00tz
r00tz
ramin301
ramin301
Saskia_HD
Saskia_HD
techstar85
techstar85
TECH_MAN
TECH_MAN
trevizang
trevizang
Zanthor
Zanthor
Zeiler
Zeiler
ZoGGy
ZoGGy
Acer-George
Acer-George
+1.2K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We are honored to have Leostat in the Acer Community. With their dedication, support and effort, Leostat has become one of the main collaborators. On behalf of our Acer Community Team and all of our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1311

Total Points:4252

Total Accepted Answers: 164

Leostat Mainframe Wrangler