Does the Aspire 3 laptop (A315-21-TA) support Win 10 20H2 ?

Rob123456Rob123456 Member Posts: 3 New User
Does the Aspire 3 laptop (A315-21-TA) support Win 10 20H2 ?
When I run Windows Update, the update to 20H2 is not presented. I am currently at 1909.
Can someone help. Support for 1909 ends in May 11.
Thank you.

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,311 Mainframe Wrangler
    Accepted Answer
    Should do, any laptop running win 10 should be able to update as the versions are kind of like bumper service packs 

How much free disk space do you have ? And if you have enough and windows is being stubborn you should be able to force an update with this :-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-update-assistant-3550dfb2-a015-7765-12ea-fba2ac36fb3f
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 
  • Rob123456Rob123456 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I read on the Microsoft site that 20H2 may not be advertised for my device because of a device incompatibility issue. So, before I download the Update Assistant to force the update, is there a tool from Acer I can run to confirm I have the most recent drivers AND that my laptop will be compatible with 20H2 ?
  • LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,311 Mainframe Wrangler
    Not really, there are some people which suggest things like driver booster but I personally don't trust them. 

It should flag is f it belives the update is incompatible due to a driver or any AV which is installed
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 
  • Rob123456Rob123456 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I installed the Windows update assistant and let it run all night. The laptop was updated to 20H2. All appears to be working well. Thank you 👍🏻
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online627

Acer-Carsten
Acer-Carsten
Acer-Erick
Acer-Erick
Aleni
Aleni
AngelPerez
AngelPerez
Athwart
Athwart
Balticum
Balticum
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
Cyriix
Cyriix
Daiky
Daiky
garyswierczchicago
garyswierczchicago
kabelsalat
kabelsalat
Kev0806
Kev0806
Mickael_14
Mickael_14
PaulK
PaulK
Quin_Armani
Quin_Armani
RAWAL
RAWAL
skitty
skitty
WilliamSoares
WilliamSoares
Yeezus710
Yeezus710
Zeiler
Zeiler
+607 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We are honored to have Leostat in the Acer Community. With their dedication, support and effort, Leostat has become one of the main collaborators. On behalf of our Acer Community Team and all of our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1311

Total Points:4252

Total Accepted Answers: 164

Leostat Mainframe Wrangler