Monitor XV272U goes to blinking black screen with G-sync / Freesync in multimonitor setup

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Answers

• GetIrked
    GetIrked Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    TLDR: Make sure every monitor in your setup is connected via DisplayPort... no HDMI cables allowed!

I know this thread is a little over a year old now, but I wanted to post my fix.

My Acer Nitro is my 2nd 144Hz gaming monitor - my first was a Dell - and while the Dell didn't have the issue, it did have some quirkiness. Well, I think I figured it out.

I have a 3-monitor setup - my 27" Acer, a 28" Dell 4K, and a 32" Dell Curved 4K, but I don't think the brands or dimensions matter.

Here's what matters:

Two of the monitors - the Acer and the 28" - were hooked up via DisplayPort cables and the 32" Curved was hooked up via HDMI 2.0. While HDMI does support the RESOLUTION, HDMI does NOT support G-Sync.

Now, I know that shouldn't matter since the Acer is the only one of the three that has G-Sync, but every time I played a game using G-Sync, the Acer would periodically go to black for 5-10 seconds before coming back.

Solution? Make sure every monitor in your setup is hooked up via DisplayPort cables. You can't have a single monitor (or TV) connected to your video card using HDMI or else the Acer will get all quirky.

At least, that's what worked for me. Here's hoping it works for you!