Acer nitro xv282k kv combatibility?

Jaypee88
Jaypee88 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 2021 in Monitors
There is mentioned that Acer Nitro xv282k kv won't support 4K 120FPS on Playstation5. Is this correct, and if so, why so?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I believe that has been changing as the PS5 gets updates. They originally didn't work right with HDMI 2.0 and requires HDMI 2.1 to do it and have been getting better with support for resolutions that should be supported in the 'less than bleeding edge' displays. The XV282K KV supports 2.1, so should work out of the box when they start shipping it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I believe that has been changing as the PS5 gets updates. They originally didn't work right with HDMI 2.0 and requires HDMI 2.1 to do it and have been getting better with support for resolutions that should be supported in the 'less than bleeding edge' displays. The XV282K KV supports 2.1, so should work out of the box when they start shipping it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.