SSD not showing - TravelMate P215-52

Options
Julian1711
Julian1711 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited April 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
Good Day Members, Kindly assit if you can. I received my new Acer TravelMate P215-52 Series with a 1TB HDD and a !48GB SSD. Unfortunately it came with WIN10 PRO and in my organization we have to have WIN10 ENT. So I reloaded the machine with WIN10 but now cannot find/see the SSD. I checked BIOS, Device Manager Disk Management and nothing at all. All updates are up to date. Kindly assist?

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Best Answer

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited April 2021
    Options
    In the UEFI is their an entry for vmd controler or optane mode or RST mode? 

Most likely candidate if you will need to load in the Intel rapid storage driver with F6 when you install win 10,  or turn it off
  • Julian1711

Tinkerer

Options
    UEFI is locked...does not give me any options to choose from. 
  • Julian1711

Tinkerer

Options
    OPTANE WITHOUT RAID
  • Leostat
    Options
    Yeh it does that, so what that tech does is speed up access to the SSD and lower power, if you Google Intel RST f6 install it should take you to the Intel guide (sorry for not directly linking you am on mobile!) 

If you don't care about it, reboot, open UEFI, as the first thing you press hit cntrl+s a few times. That should unlock it :)
  • Julian1711

Tinkerer

Options
    so restart, press f2 and then once in bios press ctrl+s???
  • Leostat
    Options
    yup as the first thing you press, may have to press it a few times, After that it should have options. Swap it to SATA
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Julian1711

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi Team, thanks so much. Above worked. Was busy reinstalling WIN10 OS and then loaded the RST INTEL Driver. Tested. Working. Thank you so much guys for all the input.
This discussion has been closed.