Is the RTX 3060 on Nitro 5 a Max-Q variant?

Options
shiftadvancee
shiftadvancee Member Posts: 4 New User
(Reposted because I lost my other account to a mistyped email lol) Is the RTX 3060 fitted into the Nitro 5 a Max-Q variant? How much watts is the GPU?

Best Answer

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I belive its between 75 and 85 watts
  • shiftadvancee
    Options
    Leostat said:
    I belive its between 75 and 85 watts
    Is it similar to the Max-Q variant?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited April 2021
    Options
    The 3060 series doesnt have the concept of Max P or Max Q, only wattage :) , what this means is that the performance is just based on the wattage / cooling, and this can vary based on Dynamic boot 1/2 which can raise and lower clock speeds and wattage 

the Max-Q name was used for low power versions. With the RTX 3000 series, every TGP-version can now use Max-Q technologies and all GPUs are called RTX 3060 Laptop GPU (60 - 115W).

• shiftadvancee
    Options
    Leostat said:
    The 3060 series doesnt have the concept of Max P or Max Q, only wattage :) , what this means is that the performance is just based on the wattage / cooling, and this can vary based on Dynamic boot 1/2 which can raise and lower clock speeds and wattage 

the Max-Q name was used for low power versions. With the RTX 3000 series, every TGP-version can now use Max-Q technologies and all GPUs are called RTX 3060 Laptop GPU (60 - 115W).

Wow, that helped me so much! Thanks, man!
This discussion has been closed.