Acer aspire 7750g random black lines disappearing and reappearing

Olbanana
Olbanana Member Posts: 3 New User
So I don’t know if this is the right place to get help but I wanted to use my old laptop the aspire 7750g since my current laptop had stopped detecting networks and it’s getting fixed so I updated the laptop to windows 10 since it was still on 7 it installed all the drivers and all then when it restarted it started showing these black lines whenever I hovered over an app or anything please help

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    See if the same lines appear on a TV screen via HDMI. If not, then your LCD video ribbon cable connectors probably need to be reseated at the base of the laptop screen & mainboard due to corrosion buildup that happens when not used for a long period of time. The screen bezel and keyboard usually need to be removed to access the connectors. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    See if the same lines appear on a TV screen via HDMI. If not, then your LCD video ribbon cable connectors probably need to be reseated at the base of the laptop screen & mainboard due to corrosion buildup that happens when not used for a long period of time. The screen bezel and keyboard usually need to be removed to access the connectors. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Olbanana
    JackE said:
    Alright thanks I’ll try that
  • Olbanana
    Olbanana said:
    JackE said:
    Olbanana said:
    JackE said:
    Okay forgot to post an update but reseating the screen connectors fixed the issue plus my main laptop is now fixed and the acer’s hdd has died after like 8 years of wear and tear right after I got my main laptop back.
  • JackE
    Congrats. Thanks for reporting back. You might still be able to get  stuff off the dead drive through an HDD-2-USB port adapter. So don't toss it yet. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.