Downgrade to Windows 8.1 - Aspire A514-52G

ianjairus
ianjairus Member Posts: 74 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi! I have an Acer Aspire A514-52G and it has Windows 10 installed! I wonder if its possible to downgrade it to Windows 8.1 because my PC is keep freezing on the newer version of Win 10 even on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019... TY advanced! 

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Answers

• yes, you can install windows 8.1. But I do not advise, mainly because of the compatibility of drivers with newer hardware. Did the crash occur only after updating windows?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ianjairus
    edited April 2021
    yes, you can install windows 8.1. But I do not advise, mainly because of the compatibility of drivers with newer hardware. Did the crash occur only after updating windows?

Many, many times! There's a time that my PC after updating to the 20H2, after logging in back, my screen went black then when I press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open task mngr, and open run, when I enter explorer.exe nothing happen... BTW I think your right! After the PC restarted, Windows 8.1 Setup just give me an BSOD... But how can I escape that Black screen of death... I don't want to reset my PC again! I need that PC for my school.. Actually, i'm using my old win xp netbook to just open the forum and see if there any answer.. And I'm glad someone answer....
  • Try reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ianjairus
    Try reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo.

Ok TY! I will give my follow up later...
  • ianjairus
    Update: After the reset, I first install the Intel/Nvidia GPU then after restart, I found an "Administrators" account name. Then when I try to signin on that account, the Black screen of death appear again.. I can log in on my user account but just black screen. Pls help....
  • ianjairus
    Yooo! Can anyone send me a driver for Windows 8.1? Like the GPU drivers? TY in advance!
  • Does the same problem occur when connecting an external monitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ianjairus
    IDK... I dont have ecternal monitor...
  • Have you checked if the processor and ram are being demanded a lot, in the task manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,858 Trailblazer
    edited April 2021
    ianjairus said:
    Hi! I have an Acer Aspire A514-52G and it has Windows 10 installed! I wonder if its possible to downgrade it to Windows 8.1 because my PC is keep freezing on the newer version of Win 10 even on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019... TY advanced! 

What bios version are you running on your Aspire A514-52G? Update the bios to the last version 1.12 dated 2020/04/15 first and then update graphics drivers, install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to get the latest Intel GPU driver that is associated with your CPU and then install the last NVIDIA GT MX250 graphics driver. Uninstall all NVIDIA drivers then download the latest NVIDIA GeForce MX250 - 2048 MB, GDDR5 driver 466.27 - WHQL dated Apr 29, 2021. 

After, clean all your Win-10 unwanted update files (these files take allot diskspace up and could cause conflicts) from your hard drive out by going to >
    • This PC > right click on boot drive C:\ > properties > Disk cleanup > Clean up system files, then clean up all the windows Updates files off your hard drive, then clean up the other "Disk cleanup" unwanted files also.
    • After all this update your Win-10 to the last update of version 20H2 OS build 19042.926 (this update is as of 30 April 2021 and there could be newer updates) and see if this will fix your system up
    Try all these steps first and let us know what the results are? The black screen is a result and a fault within either your graphics conflicting drivers and/or could be your LCD monitor is faulty, the drivers could be periodically giving you graphics or not giving you any graphics and/or going into an error that gives these "Black Scenes". Diagnose these faults systematically starting with software errors first and then narrow these problem down if its a hardware problem second.
  • ianjairus
    Bios Version/Date: Insyde Corp. V1.12, 3/28/2020.... Here is the version and the date.. If I update the BIOS, is there any risk of having a problem or a PC won't turn on? TY in advanced!
    StevenGen said:
    ianjairus said:

What bios version are you running on your Aspire A514-52G? Update the bios to the last version 1.12 dated 2020/04/15 first and then update graphics drivers, install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to get the latest Intel GPU driver that is associated with your CPU and then install the last NVIDIA GT MX250 graphics driver. Uninstall all NVIDIA drivers then download the latest NVIDIA GeForce MX250 - 2048 MB, GDDR5 driver 466.27 - WHQL dated Apr 29, 2021. 

After, clean all your Win-10 unwanted update files (these files take allot diskspace up and could cause conflicts) from your hard drive out by going to >
    • This PC > right click on boot drive C:\ > properties > Disk cleanup > Clean up system files, then clean up all the windows Updates files off your hard drive, then clean up the other "Disk cleanup" unwanted files also.
    • After all this update your Win-10 to the last update of version 20H2 OS build 19042.926 (this update is as of 30 April 2021 and there could be newer updates) and see if this will fix your system up
    Try all these steps first and let us know what the results are? The black screen is a result and a fault within either your graphics conflicting drivers and/or could be your LCD monitor is faulty, the drivers could be periodically giving you graphics or not giving you any graphics and/or going into an error that gives these "Black Scenes". Diagnose these faults systematically starting with software errors first and then narrow these problem down if its a hardware problem second.

• Teksal
    Teksal Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I had similar issues after 20H2 upgrade on my A315-42g, tried many things including resetting PC. They did not work. Only after a fresh install things went back to normal. So I'd suggest you get a pristine Windows 10 installation media, format your disk(the installer does that if you specify) and do a fresh install. Then let Windows Update complete the missing bits/drivers for you.
  • ianjairus
    I already do that.. But still the same! And now the Microsoft Store in not working and explorer will just function after 20-30mins!
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ianjairus
    Have you checked if the processor and ram are being demanded a lot, in the task manager?

Everytime my PC went black screen after logon I immediately press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open tsk mngr. After I open it my RAM is just around 41 - 50%... And I notice this, everytime I install the 2021-4 Cumulative Update, after I restart it, the black screen occur. And if the explorer.exe successfully open, it just failed to respond... And even I uninstall the update, after that, the black screen is permanent. Even on the LTSC, every f*****g time! I don't know what to do!