Change LED color inside case PO5-615s The light does not show up in Predator Sense

Options
minikristian
minikristian Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in Predator Desktops
I have a Predator 5000 PO5-615s with a Z49H5-AM motherboard
Inside the case there is a RGB-LED strip.
I can't find a way to change the color for this light. Is this possible?
The light does not show up in Predator Sense
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are you referring to this rgb led strip?

I think it is not possible. What are the settings for you, in the predator sense?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • minikristian
    minikristian Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Are you referring to this rgb led strip?

I think it is not possible. What are the settings for you, in the predator sense?

Im refering to the strip in the top of the cabinet

I was connected to the motherboard here:

I tried to move it to the RGB LED Controller on channel 4

This (Channel4) does not appear in PredatorSense, and the light still shines a light blue as before.
    I've tried to reboot the computer and reinstall PredatorSense without luck.

When I open the application "Ligting Maker" inside PredatorSense. The 4th channel appears and I can control the LED-strip. But this only lets me pulse all 4 channels with music, and follow the screen lighting. I've bee playing around with the settings, but can't make the lights glow static i one color. It seems like there is a big power draw when igniting all lights at the same time, and only the front "bars" light up consistently.

• spinnySpinSpin397
    spinnySpinSpin397 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I know this is old, but for anyone who wants to change the color of the LED light strip on the PO5-615s model, this is for you. I've been tinkering around with the PredatorSense software for a while, and while a lot of the user control is locked down, it can be modified with the configuration files.

I've found a way to set a static colour to the LED light strip this way. (in the attachment image, I set it to red for an example).

Step 1:

Assuming that PredatorSense is installed, go to the folder "C:\ProgramData\oem\PredatorSense\ProfilePool\LightProfilePool".

Step 2:

This folder will contain other folders with the names of your lighitng profiles, open the folder named by the lighting profile you are using. (if you are not using any, open the default folder)

Step 3:

Inside the folder, will be a Main.xml file. Open this file in notepad or any other text editor, it doesn't matter.

Step 4:

In the .xml file, there will be an area containing entires that determine the colour of each RGB channel in your computer. Assuming that you've plugged in the LED strip to the RGB controller with the included cable, one of these entries will correspond to the LED strip. For me, the entry with the name property of "Fan3" corresponded to the LED strip.

Now, you'll have to get the HEX code of the colour you want to set the LED strip to (this can be easily done with google and it should be formatted like this: #000000). After you've got the colour code, replace the value of the "color" property of the entry that corresponds to your LED strip with the new colour code.

(change this):

Step 5:

Save the file, and then restart your computer. You should be good to go.

Troubleshooting:

If it does not work, try editing the colour property of a different entry in the .xml file. It could be that the one you edited previously corresponded to anothher RGB channel instead of your LED strip.

Finished product:

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Great little hack! :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.