How to clean speaker grill - Predator Helios 300

Nightwisp
Nightwisp Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
edited April 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello ladies and gents. Hope everyone is doing well during these hard times. I need some advice from everyone who are pro at maintaining their laptop. I own Acer Predator Helios 300. I7-10750H, geforce rtx 2070 max q, 16gb ram, 512gb ssd + 512gb ssd. I believe it's about time I clean my laptop. I mostly want to clean my cpu/gpu fans and speaker grill that is right below the screen. Should I use air duster? And entrances to speaker grills are tiny, how should I approach cleaning those? Much appreciated in advance to those with great tips!! Have a great day!

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You can use air duster to clean fan grills but you don't need to clean speaker grills and avoid using air duster, it may damage the speaker.
  • Nightwisp
    Nightwisp Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
    Thank you very much for your reply! I was just bit getting concerned because I been seeing some dust build up. Besides air duster is there a better way to clean the speaker?
  • WilliamSarchi
    WilliamSarchi Member Posts: 2 New User
    You can clean fan grills using an air duster, but you don't need to clean speaker grills, and you should avoid using an air duster since it may harm the speaker.
    Check out this link to learn how to clean a grill.