My A715-41G laptop is not charging

Himanshu123
Himanshu123 Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
It's been 6 months since I bought this laptop and it's been fine for time being. But since yesterday when I plugged in my charger blue and orange lights started to blink. I thought that it was a problem with voltage and turn off the switch and then on it again and laptop started to charge. But today when I plugged in charge and same thing happened. I did the same thing again but this time the orange light won't glow and laptop don't charge. I have been searching for solutions online but non worked. Is my only option is to go to the customer care center for help or it can be solved. Please help. 🙏🙏🙏

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Himanshu123,

Did you check with different charger. 
  • Himanshu123
    I did this but nothing seems to happening. 
  • Himanshu123
    Easwar said:
    Hi Himanshu123,

Did you check with different charger. 
    There doesn't have acer users around me so I couldn't try that. 
  • heepih991
    heepih991 Member Posts: 2 New User
     i have it too
  • Can you inform the version of the bios? Try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Himanshu123
    Can you inform the version of the bios? Try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery:
    Thanks for your advice but I don't know the current version of the bios as my laptop is not switch on now and I don't want to open the laptop case and do something as my laptop is still under warranty and I it might affect the warranty. 
  • Does your laptop have a warranty seal?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Himanshu123
    Does your laptop have a warranty seal?
    Yes it does have a seal and it's in warranty period. 
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,302 Community Administrator
    Hello Himanshu123

I am very sorry to hear you are having problems with your unit. We recommend the contact with your local support in this case. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 

• Does the problem still occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Himanshu123
    Does the problem still occur?
    I had contacted acer for adapter replacement. The adapter still have to arrive yet. Hoping for the good results. 😁
  • When the new adapter arrives, report whether the problem has been resolved.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Himanshu123
    When the new adapter arrives, report whether the problem has been resolved.
    Sure I will do so. 
  • Himanshu123
    When the new adapter arrives, report whether the problem has been resolved.
    Sure I will do so. 
    The adapter have arrived. I put it on the laptop and is charging. But the adapter was burning like fire and was too hot to even hold on to. Is there any problem with the adapter or is it common? And the adapter seems to be like used before as the adapter feels like its swelled and there is a gap in between the side lining of the adapter.
  • You can send a photo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Himanshu123
    You can send a photo?
          These are the one from new adapter.

This is the one from old adapter.

• Can you provide the exact model of the new adapter? Does the same problem occur when resetting the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Himanshu123
    Can you provide the exact model of the new adapter? Does the same problem occur when resetting the battery?
    This is the one. And I don't have any problems with charging. It's just that while I'm playing games on laptop while plugged in the adapter gets too hot like it's burning like hell. And it's been concerning me that it doesn't get exploded while heavy using or gaming. :'(
  • This new adapter has 19.5v. Did the old adapter also have 19v? When it comes to temperature, does your hand burn when it touches the adapter? Are you plugging the lapotp into a grounded electrical outlet?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer