Advice on upgrade from hdd to ssd Travelmate P256

rav39bj
rav39bj Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
I have Travelmate P256 dating from 2014 running Windows 10 pro.  Is it possible to replace the hdd with ssd myself?  I am quite competent working on computers, but mainly have upgraded desktops.  Is it fairly easy to get at hdd in this laptop? 

I believe that I can get cloning software that will allow transfer from old hdd fairly easily.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can install a 2.5 "ssd, see:
    On cloning, you can use the macrium reflect.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited April 2021
    Hi,
    You have to remove the base cover after removing all screws, you have to release the plastic tabs and I would suggest a guitar pick or an old credit card, remove the keyboard assembly after carefully detaching the cables(keyboard and touchpad), then you can replace the  HDD with the SSD.
    acer tarvelmate p256 replace harddrive clean fan - YouTube

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can install a 2.5 "ssd, see:
    On cloning, you can use the macrium reflect.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
This discussion has been closed.