Onboard RAM hardware error on SF314-56-55QK

Jijovo
Jijovo Member Posts: 3 New User
A few months ago I started frequently getting BSODs with the stop code MEMORY Management so I started to look into it and a few wekks ago I ran the windows 10 built-in memory diagnostic and it returned "hardware error, please contact manufacturer.", in the period of constant crashes described earlier I replaced my 4gb stick in the slot with an 8gb as a standard upgrade and the BSODs did not stop so I assumed it was the on-board memory that was faulty. The only fix I found was to get the motherboard replaced or completely buy a new device, are there any other possibly less expensive fixes? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Not really, someone with excellent surface mount skills could remove the old chips and resolder in new ones, but that's likely going to be as expensive or more than the cost of a replacement motherboard. What happens when you run the test with the 8GB stick removed, so just on the onboard memory?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jijovo
    billsey said:
    Not really, someone with excellent surface mount skills could remove the old chips and resolder in new ones, but that's likely going to be as expensive or more than the cost of a replacement motherboard. What happens when you run the test with the 8GB stick removed, so just on the onboard memory?

I did a RAM switch where I upgraded from 4GB to 8GB and the errors persisted but when I'm free I'll remove the 8GB stick and run the test because I have exams at the moment.
  • billsey
    Keep us informed...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jijovo
    My laptop now crashes when I try to start it up with the error INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE,i didn't make any changes or even opened it up it just suddenly happened
  • billsey
    It sounds as if something damaged the motherboard, likely a zap of static electricity. :( The boot disk thing is either a corrupted EFI partition or corrupted data when trying to read from the disk.