how to fix unresponsive keys? Nitro An517-52.

omni
omni Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 2021 in Nitro Gaming
My problems started with my "s" key not working. Later it spread to the whole left side of my keyboard. (esc,tab,`,1,2,3,tab,shift,fn,ctrl,windows,a,s,w,q) The right side of my keyboard is working perfectly well. What can I do? It seems like every day a new key stops working.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• what is the exact model? Example ph315-52-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • omni
    what is the exact model? Example ph315-52-58vh.
    The model is a Nitro An517-52.
  • Does the same problem occur on this link? https://www.keyboardtester.com/tester.html
    The same problem when trying to type with an external usb keyboard?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • omni
    Does the same problem occur on this link? https://www.keyboardtester.com/tester.html
    The keys don't register or show that they have been used. I have also noticed that both my shifts, ctrl, and alts don't work. I have not tried an external USB keyboard.
  • TimeTravel
    TimeTravel Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have this model and have been dealing with keyboard problems for a year or so. My problem is the series of ribbon cables connecting the keyboard to the motherboard. unplug them, plug them back in. I believe a combination of the connectors being cheaply made and the flexing of the case is the cause. Very disappointed in Acer for not addressing this problem. I bought mine used from Acer. The first one they sent the keyboard didn't work at all....the second one worked fine for about 3 months.
  • omni said:
    Does the same problem occur on this link? https://www.keyboardtester.com/tester.html
    The keys don't register or show that they have been used. I have also noticed that both my shifts, ctrl, and alts don't work. I have not tried an external USB keyboard.
    It would be interesting to test with an external USB keyboard, as some malicious ones can block some keys. You can also check the keyboard connection on the main board.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PB_Can1701
    PB_Can1701 Member Posts: 2 New User

After scanning a number of these discussion threads, I found a few that suggested confirming that the ribbon (#1) was still set properly. This didn't fully resolve my issue. I ultimately notice that another ribbon (#2) was not aligned. When both were positioned correctly my problem was fully solved. Hope this is of some assistance to another frustrated owner.