Tinkerer

Good day everyone

My Acer spin 5 2020 not booting DLC boot CD from a usb flash drive
i tried the same flash drive on 2 different devices and working fine
my secure boot is disabled and boot priority is set to the flash drive

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    You must prepare the USB iso using Rufus for UEFI mode. Make sure BIOS Main tab has the F12 boot option enabled. Then shut machine off. Insert the DLC boot USB. Turn machine on and immediately start tapping the F12 key. A menu should appear to allow booting from the DLC USB. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jdsm
    jdsm Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

this
    JackE said:
    You must prepare the USB iso using Rufus for UEFI mode. Make sure BIOS Main tab has the F12 boot option enabled. Then shut machine off. Insert the DLC boot USB. Turn machine on and immediately start tapping the F12 key. A menu should appear to allow booting from the DLC USB. Jack E/NJ

this is excactely what i do and no luck, also i have my secure boot disabled
  • JackE
    Try another USB port. If still no success, use another USB stick. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jdsm

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Try another USB port. If still no success, use another USB stick. Jack E/NJ

I tried 2 different usb sticks, which are working fine on another laptop
    Also i tried my 2 usb ports on the acer
  • JackE
    Do you get any error messages or does it just boot directly into Windows? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jdsm

Tinkerer

it is just start loading then stops, i left it loading for like 20 mins but nothing happens
  • jdsm

Tinkerer

if you have a trusted guide to set and use DLC boot please guide me, i only need a file manager and a disk back up utility like Acronics
  • JackE
    >>>i only need a file manager and a disk back up utility like Acronics>>>

Then why aren't you using AcerCareCenter that's already loaded on your machine to do this? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jdsm

Tinkerer

what if my windows cruched, can i boot Acer care center ?
  • JackE
    You use the AcerCareCenter to create a USB backup/restore pendrive. If Windows crashes, then you boot from this AcerCareCenter's USB backup pendrive to restore Windows. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jdsm

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    You use the AcerCareCenter to create a USB backup/restore pendrive. If Windows crashes, then you boot from this AcerCareCenter's USB backup pendrive to restore Windows. Jack E/NJ
    thanks
    this will be a life saver
    can you please tell me how to do that in much detail as possible

thank youuuuuuuuuuuu

• JackE
    In the Windows start menu, search 'Acer'. Near the top AcerCareCenter should show up. Click on it. The options menu should appear. Click on 'recovery management'. Then simply follow directions to create backup USB media & repair tools even if Windows won't boot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jdsm

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Do you get any error messages or does it just boot directly into Windows? Jack E/NJ

That what show
  • JackE
    Forget trying to use DLC Boot. It's not that highly rated and can't seem to handle your newer BIOS firmware if it gets stuck at the trusted EFI file which I don't think is probing the correct subdirectory. You're better off using the built-in AcerCareCenter. Or even one of the more reliable and better freeware cloning, restoring and backup tools, like Macrium Reflect and AOEMI Backupper. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jdsm

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Forget trying to use DLC Boot. It's not that highly rated and can't seem to handle your newer BIOS firmware if it gets stuck at the trusted EFI file which I don't think is probing the correct subdirectory. You're better off using the built-in AcerCareCenter. Or even one of the more reliable and better freeware cloning, restoring and backup tools, like Macrium Reflect and AOEMI Backupper. Jack E/NJ

can you recommend a working substitute of the DLC boot cd ?
  • JackE
    edited April 2021
    Yes, the AcerCareCenter. Have you tried it yet? In the Windows start menu, search 'Acer'. Near the top AcerCareCenter should show up. Click on it. The options menu should appear. Click on 'recovery management'. Then simply follow directions to create backup USB media & repair tools even if Windows won't boot.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Please click on the recovery management option. Then click on the backup tab. Then click on how does backup work? A screen about backup should appear with a brief explanation. What do you see? Basically, a backup should backup all your personal files and personally installed apps/programs, factory apps etc so that they can be restored if something goes haywire. Is this what you want? Or something else? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jdsm

Tinkerer

after a lot of searching i found 3 bootable usb that worked  but you have to disable secure boot,

1- Acronis TrueImage AcronisTrueImage2021 ATI.2021.v25.8.1.39216
    2- GANDALF boot cd GandalfsWindows10PE.iso
    3- Bob.Omb's boot cd Bob.Omb's  -48BOBWPE.7z

• JackE
    Thanks for reporting back. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ