how to diagnose black screen and audio problem - Aspire V5-591G-55V5.

Marc_Francois
Marc_Francois Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
hi all,
I have an odd problem. I have a aspire 591G. All a sudden the main screen (laptop) turned black. There is also no longer audio on speaker. I have managed to connect on an external screen - it works. I have managed to get the main screen working, when booting and logging using the external screen. No image was available on the main screen until the logon screen. You can then get both screen working, but as soon as you disconnect the external screen the main screen get black again. You reconnect the cable and the main screen come back.I have tried several things so as pilot updates, BIOS update, booted in windows secure mode, etc..
I would like to run a diagnose to know if it is hardware related or not. I have tried acer care center but does not help. Does anyone knows a diagnostics tool who could point me in the right direction?
Cheers

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    While booted with both screens, bring up the properties of the internal display. Try dropping it's resolution down, then save and reboot without the external screen. If that gets you into Windows then set the resolution back to the default and reboot again. You may just be looking at corrupted information in the driver settings for that screen.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Does the problem still occur?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • peterjonus
    peterjonus Member Posts: 2 New User
    We'll look at some things that can cause a black or blank screen: Connection problems with your monitor or screen. Display adapter driver update issuesIssues .
  • davidjang
    davidjang Member Posts: 6 New User
    Simple Install a new Window or installed new driver...... 
  • davidjang
    davidjang Member Posts: 6 New User
    We'll look at some things that can cause a black or blank screen: Connection problems with your monitor or screen. Display adapter driver update issues. Issues .
    Install a new Windows then update your driver....
  • peterjonus
    peterjonus Member Posts: 2 New User
    We'll look at some things that can cause a black or blank screen: Connection problems with your monitor or screen. Display adapter driver update issues. Issues .
  • danphill
    danphill Member Posts: 1 New User
    You can just scan the hard drive of your Acer computer, detect the presence of ... It might sound surprising, but the Acer black screen of death can also happen due to ...
  • ilufafabright
    ilufafabright Member Posts: 1 New User
    Most monitors have two main cords plus (maybe) some additional cords for sound. Check both ends of every cord which isn't hardwired into your monitor to make sure they're well-connected click here. This will fix many black screen problems.
  • Marc_Francois

Tinkerer

hi, I have installed Ubuntu on a separated partition. I have my screen working now, but sound card is still not recognized. I have tried all tips and trics i could find on the subject. Does anyone know how to run a diagnose of the sound card on an aspire V. The Acer Centre on windows can check mem, disk, but not the sound card. I can still get sound when connecting my computer to an external screen through HDMI - using loundspeaker of the external screen.
    Cheers
  • what is the exact model? example vx5-591g-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Marc_Francois

Tinkerer

hi, the model is Aspire V5-591G-55V5. I hope this helps
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Marc_Francois

Tinkerer

Sorry, i don't understand why you have asked the question about the model then. I have already tried the re-install of windows, which did not help. I have moved therefore to Ubuntu. I still struggle to find a way to check if the sound card is working on it, or if it could be firmeware related. I can get sound working if i use a bluetooth audio external device.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Marc_Francois

Tinkerer

yes done. no change
  • Try windows startup programs and services. Press windows+r and type msconfig. Go into services, hide all microsoft services and disable all:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer