Options
2»

Answers

• Vey
    Vey Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Anzoken said:
    Hi, hope I'm not too late to this discussion. ....

Hi Anzoken, thanks for the info how you resolved that. I will try it as well and let you know.

• Vey
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Anzoken thanks for the tip. What you did worked for me as well. It means, Whispermode is finally working fine but... it is not Whispermode 2.0, just "standard" whisper mode. I have no idea what is the difference but seems my laptop does not support the 2.0 one. 

However, standard one is good enough for me so thanks! I think this topic can be closed. 

Big thanks to everyone who participated in the resolution of this. Some comments did not work, but maybe they were applicable for laptops supporting Whispermode 2.0, not the standard one. 
  • Anzoken
    Anzoken Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    @Vey glad I was able to help! Hope you enjoy running whispermode :) 

From what I gathered, I think whispermode 2.0 has some network or AI based tweaks to improve how it works better. Not entirely sure though.
    Mine can't run 2.0 either, it seems to be a feature present in newer versions of GEForce Experience.
    So I think our laptops might be able to support it with the right drivers from Acer.
  • Vey
    Options
    Anzoken I was kind of happy to early to see it is working. I can finally enable the Whispermode but I can not optimize any games. It keeps showing "unable to retrieve data" :( 
    I tried with multiple options of newer drivers or just ACER ones but still the same. 
  • Vey
    Options
    Anzoken I was kind of happy to early to see it is working. I can finally enable the Whispermode but I can not optimize any games. It keeps showing "unable to retrieve data" :( 
    I tried with multiple options of newer drivers or just ACER ones but still the same. I assume all is working fine for you, right?
  • Nisall
    Nisall Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the same Problem. But blocking updates does not seem like a smart solution. Instead ACER should just allow all future updates.
  • Vey
    Options
    I know it is annoying. Unfortunately feedback from Acer is not optimistic. I got a clear replay that ACER laptops do no support WhisperMode 2.0 and currently, there is no information if/when they will. The only option is to change laptop or wait, maybe they will implement it one day. 

WhisperMode, the version before WishperMode 2.0, works fine on ACER but then, it is not possible to optimize games due to older version on GeForce Experience. So, either game optimization of quite gaming.  For me, I will stay with older GFE and keep older Whispermode active. 

From my perspective, this topic is closed. There is nothing more we can do about it :/ Unless we want to gather bigger group of customers and raise an official complain to Acer for lack of support of this functionality. 
  • PoisonLyric
    PoisonLyric Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Vey said:
    maggres said:
    Any updates on this problem cause im also currently having the exact same problem
    No, no updates on my side. Last info from Acer engineering team is that WM 2.0 is no enabled on my BIOS and I need to contact manufacturer. When I told them how come, few times it started fine for me, I got no reply so far.
    Have any updates? I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 and whispermode 2.0 says "not ready" and "enabled by notebook" is crossed out, same problem you're having. Let me know if you've figured out any sort of solution, as I'd love to utilize this feature. 

-Jackson
  • Vey
    Options
    Hi Jackson, 
    No, as far as I know, there is no solution for it and Acer said they do not support it.
    By using older GeForce Experience, I was able to enable Whispermode but game optimization worked only for older games. Whispermode 2.0 never worked for me. 
    I have change my laptop to different producer. MSI and Razer do support those functions 
  • PoisonLyric
    PoisonLyric Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Bummer. I really don’t get why Acer wouldn’t allow it. Anyway, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 
  • tuga94lx
    tuga94lx Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hey @Vey ! i had the same issue and i fixed it i will explain how without blocking any updates:

as you can see i own a ROG laptop and we have armoury crate (i believe ACER also has some similar software) and on the GPU Power Settings i had it on Standard and it would give me the same error on Whisper 2.0 just like you.

once i changed from Standard to Advanced it instantly refreshes the GeForce Experience app and the Whisper 2.0 becomes avaiable just like the following photos

• Kr4tos
    Kr4tos Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
  • cassiajinni
    cassiajinni Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Download the older version of the GeForce Experience, mine is the "GeForce_Experience_v3.20.5.70" and my Game Driver is Version 511.23 from the NVidia site.

You can download the GeForce Experience from this Download old versions of GeForce Exp | NVIDIA GeForce Forums

I have the Whisper Mode now

• Screen06
    Screen06 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I was having the same problem, but my nitro 5 is version AN5454-45. Maybe the way I solved it will work for you too:

I just needed to update my Bios (it was on version 1.08; now it's 1.10).

I got the version on the Acer website, in the drivers section. It is titled "Enable Win11 SV2 Support".

• tomczako
    tomczako Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hey Screen06, you're right, I haven't downgraded my video drivers nor GeForce Experience app and it worked, thanks for the comment!

• shiroviper
    shiroviper Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

I have the same problem with you, only WM 1.0 version will work. Honestly WM is far better than capping your frame rate, it is quieter when I play than WM is not enabled.

Someone wants to enable WM (1.0 only)

1. uninstall geforce exp and graphics driver using DDU
    2. download and install your laptop OEM geforce exp and graphics driver listed in acer support driver
    3. enable via geforce app
    4. once enabled, you can change the frame rate in nvidia control panel
    5. then update geforce app and graphics driver to lates

NOTE: YOU CANNOT ENABLE/DISABLE THE WHISPER MODE, ONCE YOU UPDATE TO LATEST VERSION GEFORCE APP AND GRAPHICS DRIVER. BASICALLY YOU STUCK ON THAT OPTION FOREVER

• galdovan
    galdovan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I was able to use the NitroSense application to enable Whisper Mode 2.0. It was set to Default originally. I changed it to Quiet and now Whisper Mode 2.0 shows it is enabled in GeForce Experience.

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options

This is the correct answer for all Acer laptops with NVIDIA GPUs.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • graychane412
    graychane412 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi there,

I have a Nitro 5 AN517-52 laptop with an RTX3060 that has whispermode support. However, I'm facing an issue where the feature is not working. In Nvidia Geforce Experience, all prerequisites seem to be met except for "Enabled by Notebook". I'm not sure how to enable it since I installed Windows 10 after originally having Linux. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your support. By the way, I'm also curious if there is any potential role of Artificial Intelligence in enabling or optimizing features like whispermode.

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!