Adding RAM to Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620

BrentNHBrentNH Member Posts: 4 New User
Good day folks. Just a quick question from someone who doesn't really mess with taking computers apart, so please forgive what probably seems like a simple question. Anyway, I bought 2x8gb  HyperX Fury memory sticks, that seem to be identical to the 2x8gb that came with the PC. I see there are two empty slots that I would think I can just add them. Does anyone know if I need to remove the GPU? Looks tight with the bottom clips. Your help/advice is greatly appreciated in advance. Oh and a follow up question, will adding RAM help at all with the CPU usage while playing a game? When I pay Star Citizen the CPU is running at about 80% with temps between 85c-90c, RAM (with current 16gb) currently at 90% while playing.... Again thank you.

Best Answer

• LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,071 Valued Contributor
    Accepted Answer
    You usually don't have to unless there is no room to slot them in, but insertin ram you just line it up, and click it in :) , shouldn't need to reach for the clips when installing 

As for the second part, it won't really effect the CPU usage much as that's how much the processor is doing, but it will mean that you have more free memory which may allow things go load faster as it can keep more things in memory
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

FAQ & Answers

• LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,071 Valued Contributor
    Accepted Answer
    You usually don't have to unless there is no room to slot them in, but insertin ram you just line it up, and click it in :) , shouldn't need to reach for the clips when installing 

As for the second part, it won't really effect the CPU usage much as that's how much the processor is doing, but it will mean that you have more free memory which may allow things go load faster as it can keep more things in memory
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 
  • BrentNHBrentNH Member Posts: 4 New User
    I did not need to remove the GPU to snap the RAM in place, but I think to remove the ram you will need to, ya it's that tight. The bottom clips touch the GPU