can not connect with Samsung tv via wireless Aspire 5 A515-55G

Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello guys, i have Acer Acpire 5 A515-55G-799C, it works really fine..
I have only one problem, and still can not solve it - i have two Samsung 55 tvs, and my laptop can not connect via wireless.
Its trying, and after few seconds it disconects. The only error i received is on the Tv screen - your laptop can not connect, try through mobile devise instead.
I have few other laptops - HP, LEnovo etc, there is no errors and they connect very fast.
Please advise if I need to replace some drivers, or there is something else i need to do to connect?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Sorry. No. It's not the wireless Bluetooth functionality but the wireless Miracast functionality that's involved. However, inexpensive miracast USB adapters like shown below are readily available.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Sorry, I think the Samsung's require miracast capability for wireless. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Sorry, I think the Samsung's require miracast capability for wireless. Jack E/NJ

I checked the specs of Lenovo - and you are correct, it supports Bluetooth 4.1 wireless.
    So actualy I bought +1k eu laptop, and i am not able to connect to +1k eu TVs, because it has newer bluetooth standard??
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Sorry. No. It's not the wireless Bluetooth functionality but the wireless Miracast functionality that's involved. However, inexpensive miracast USB adapters like shown below are readily available.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ