My Acer Revo RL80 won't boot after cloning the HDD. Here's what I did. Any suggestions?

JAC55
JAC55 Member Posts: 1 New User
The problem - The computer fails to boot and the power button acts strangely.

My Acer Revo RL80 was bought 2013, specs, 4GB Ram, Celeron dual core CPU, WD 750GB HDD, USB3 x 2, USB2 x 4, HDMI, DVI, CD/DVD, S/PDIF, SD Card reader

My problem started after I cloned the HDD to switch it out for a SSD.
After what seemed like a successful cloning operation, I left both drives in the same configuration that they were in
during the cloning operation.
The HDD was connected in its usual place.
The SSD was connected via a USB3 to SATA 3 cable.
When cloning had finished
I shut down the PC
I then started the PC and entered the boot order menu via the F12 key (I had previously disabled secure boot).
I selected the PC to boot from the WD 750 HDD (the original HDD with Windows 10 OS)
The PC went on to boot as usual from the WD HDD.
I then restarted the PC and once again entered the boot order menu via the F12 key
This time I selected that the PC boot from The USB connected drive (I cannot recall exactly how the USB drive was described in the boot order)
The boot up seemed to go OK for a while but then I got a message (seemingly from Windows 10) that something had gone wrong and my computer needed to restart.
The restart process then began but I arrested it by pressing F12 to enter the UEFI Boot Order BIOS.
I got a message "Please Wait..." and after waiting a while nothing happened so I did a long press on the power button to turn the PC off.
When I next turned on the PC I had no opportunity to enter the boot menu, no Acer logo splash screen, no beep, and the PC did not boot up. I just had a blank screen.
I did a long press on the power button to turn the PC off.
When I pressed the power button again the power button did not illuminate but the CPU fan did turn on (not sure about whether the HDD was spun up or not).
I did a long press on the power button to turn the PC off.
Now when the Power plug is disconnected and then power is re-applied the fan spins up without even pressing the "Power On" button, there remains no light illuminating the Power button, there is no Acer Logo screen, no beep, and the PC fails to boot up.

Any suggestions as to what I can try to get this RL80 booting up and working again?