If I perform a factory reset (Alt-F10 at boot up), will it be reset ACER TC-895

Lou9251Lou9251 Member Posts: 2 New User
I have a new ACER TC-895 desktop.  If I perform a factory reset (Alt-F10 at boot up), will it be reset to how it came out of the box?  In other words, will it be pristine with no windows users? 
If not, is there a way to get to that result?

Thanks in advance for any help!

FAQ & Answers

• LarryodieLarryodie Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast
    It doesn't work on mine. 
    BUT this will work if you're fortunate enough to get into Windows. The Acer store has a recovery USB for $44 or so. I waited a month, got it. It didn't work. Another month and the replacement hasn't arrived. Acer used to be good but no more...Anyhow this will work.

Go to settings, search "Recovery" then Reset PC, then "Remove Everything" did a complete factory re-install.  Note you can save files but it doesn't factory default much of anything. Good Luck

Note. Also of you get the factory USB, you have to do a FN F12 to change the boot order. 

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 16,495 Trailblazer
    It depends on the updates that have been installed so far. Typically if Windows does one of it's big semi-annual updates it wipes that recovery image due to it being an older OS. If you haven't created a recovery flash drive before that then to get fully back to factory you have to do as Larryodie suggests and purchase it from the Acer store. Not a big worry though, since and OS reset gives you a clean Windows install, just without the Acer specific apps.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
    The "recovery" that I mentioned will reset/factory install everything (remove everything) just like a alt-f10 has done in the past but you have to be able to get to it via windows. The recovery disk is another thing to worry about as it is shipped from California via Fed EX. I live in NC, it got to Georgia in 3 days then sit there for 3 weeks. Finally it came to my post office via USPS. it didn't work (I've posted info) so they sent me another via Fed-EX on Feb 8. NOTHING YET. As I said Acer ain't what it used to be. Good Luck 
  • Lou9251Lou9251 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

I was able to get into the Windows 'reset' mode, but not with the ALT + F10 key combo.  I used the method of holding down the Shift key & clicking on Restart from the Windows log-in page.  After that I was able to do a factory restore & then start all over again.  This time though, I did Not have any network connection present so I was able to set-up the new computer without having to create or log into a Microsoft account, which was my initial goal.

Thanks again.
    Thanks for sharing those two pieces of Information. I'm wondering if you can connect your internet successfully after the install is complete without an Microsoft Account and still do Wins Updates ?
    I just received my replacement recovery disk, which boots with F12 selection. No need to use FN F12 on the replacement, it also boots to a point that it is ready to do a factory install so I'm waiting for time to do it. BTW. The Acer Store said that the engineers have fixed the problem with the recovery disk. I suppose for the TC-895-UA92 etc. 
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 16,495 Trailblazer
    Yes, once you have booted and created the local account you can still do updates without requiring a Microsoft account.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.