Brand New X34 GS White Horizontal Lines

Options
Turboshine
Turboshine Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 2021 in Predator Monitors
Connected via DP 1.4 to RTX 3070 getting these white vertical lines on the lower 1/3rd of the monitor in games, Windows, and even just turning on the monitor while the PC is turned off.  I really want to love this monitor but obviously this flaw is unacceptable.  Lines will sometimes disappear then reappear.  Also getting some faint white horizontal lines randomly in Windows all the way across the screen but at different vertical heights.  I do have Gsync enabled but my logic is if this is happening just powering on the monitor without the PC on also it must be a hardware issue with the monitor itself.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    Typically issues that look like are traced to a poor cable. It's picking up noise from somewhere...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Turboshine
    Options
    Thanks.  I suspected the same but I've tried 2 brand new Displayport cables and got the same result.
  • pinkfloyd1173
    pinkfloyd1173 Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Options
    Thanks.  I suspected the same but I've tried 2 brand new Displayport cables and got the same result.
    I am having issues too on my 

XB323UGP

I have changed Displayport cables and that seems to have fixed it for now?? We will see how it goes. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Turboshine,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• Turboshine
    Options
    It was a defective unit.  I returned it to Microcenter and got a new one that works fine.  This is a fantastic monitor once you get a good one!