DTS sound - really? Triton 500

Options
dinosm
dinosm Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited April 2021 in Predator Laptops
My Triton 500 claims it's got 'DTS-X Ultra' for 'immersive gaming audio'.
How is this claim made? The laptop speakers are quite bad for a laptop of this price bracket, and definitely don't delivery sound of any kind of good quality - it's tinny, lacks bass and depth. Is there something special I have to do to obtain the 'DTS' quality?
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the laptop otherwise - it's just that the sound is quite underwhelming.
I just put it down to Acer thinking people will connect it to external speakers or headphones, as gamers tend to do anyway, but I would like to understand the DTS claim.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Its for an audio processor which is installed rather than the speakers :) When you plug headphones it it should give you the option for enabling it with a pop up or if you right click the speaker icon you should be able to select spacial sound :). Its something you normally have to pay for per laptop so it being included is a nice to have as it makes a huge diffence in games i find!
  • dinosm
    dinosm Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Oh ok, so it only applies to headphones connected in the laptop's mini-jack?
    I have SteelSeries so I guess I won't be using it then.
    Thank you for the clarification :)
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Im not 100% sure if it also applies to USB headsets, you could check to see if it gives you an option when you plug it in. Gives you a bit better quality audio, and improves directional "stuff" i find