won't power, blue then orange light when charger connected, Acer Chromebook Spin 11 CP311-1HN-C2DV

gmmiller
gmmiller Member Posts: 5 New User
My Acer Chromebook Spin 11 CP311-1HN-C2DV won't turn on. When the charger is inserted, the indicator light shows blue for 1 second, changes directly to orange, then off and nothing else. It happens every time the charger is inserted (We have three of these Chromebooks and tried different charging cords, so it is not a problem with the charger cord). The machine has been charged overnight but will not power on. We tried pressing escape-refresh-power for various lengths of time with no result. We do not see a pinhole reset on the machine. I cannot find what the blue-then-orange indicator light pattern means to help diagnose the problem. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Typically that type of issue shows up when the battery gets confused, which is why they added the reset pinhole to some models. To reset the battery on models without the pinhole you have to open it up and physically disconnect the battery. With the battery disconnected press and hold the power button for 15-30 seconds, then wait a few minutes (long enough to finish your coffee) and reconnect and reassemble. Plug the power in and wait for the full charge indication then try and turn it on again. Hopefully that will be enough to get you going again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Typically that type of issue shows up when the battery gets confused, which is why they added the reset pinhole to some models. To reset the battery on models without the pinhole you have to open it up and physically disconnect the battery. With the battery disconnected press and hold the power button for 15-30 seconds, then wait a few minutes (long enough to finish your coffee) and reconnect and reassemble. Plug the power in and wait for the full charge indication then try and turn it on again. Hopefully that will be enough to get you going again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gmmiller
    Thank you I will try that right now.
  • gmmiller
    It worked! My daughter is in her art class right now and said to tell you thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.