Bad update?

Geordiemick
Geordiemick Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Have Intel put a bad update out as I've had mares teeth trying to get my realtek driver to work after a fresh install. I've even got an acer rescue USB and it'll work fine, update something to do with Intel and then I get an X at the side of the sound icon and it says there's no sound controller driver installed. I've installed it manually via the trouble shooter but it wouldn't integrate with the Realtek app, for what use that is now, so it's not a hardware problem. Has anyone else had this happen before? 

Best Answer

• Geordiemick

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    It's in optional updates from Intel, so I've just not updated them this time and its working fine. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    >>>I've even got an acer rescue USB and it'll work fine, update something to do with Intel>>>

Where are you getting the Intel update from? If it's not an ACER-specific Intel update, then it's probably a generic Intel update that won't work properly with your ACER designed mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Geordiemick

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    It's in optional updates from Intel, so I've just not updated them this time and its working fine. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    There you go!   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.