Aspire X3995 Window 10 issue

Macdonas
Macdonas Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Started to run into issues with Windows 10, currently get the Blue Screen when trying to print.  Microsoft says the Desktop will no longer support Win 10.  Are there a BIOS upgrade or upgraded drivers that will resolve this issue?

Thanks, in advance

Best Answer

• Macdonas

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Guys,Sorry for yhe delayed response.  Yes it is clearly a Mirisidt issue.   After a lot of addirional research and seeing that just about every peripheral manufacturer has noted an issue with the latest Microsoft update that is now indisputable.  I finally managed to resolve the issue and geting things working properly again.  How, well i installwd every driver and optional system update I could find...cannotvspecifically say whixh one solved the problem, and I suspect i newswd them all to resolve it.  Microsoft seems to have almost outdone themselves wirh this one.  I sense that it was in the desire ro improve security, although in the end they may lose a lot of users.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Whats the blue screen code you are getting? Nad have you tried re installing the printer drivers? most likley they are foo-bar'd.  
  • Macdonas

Tinkerer

Macdonas said:
    Started to run into issues with Windows 10, currently get the Blue Screen when trying to print.  Microsoft says the Desktop will no longer support Win 10.  Are there a BIOS upgrade or upgraded drivers that will resolve this issue?

Thanks, in advance
    Leostst, the blue screen appears saying something went wrong and then the computer automatically restarts.  I went to Level 2 Microsoft Support and was told that it is an issue with the Acer drivers or BIOS....too old to support Windows 10.
  • Melten
    Melten Member Posts: 47 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Have you tried updating your driver and bios?
  • Macdonas

Tinkerer

That is what I would like to do. Not sure if updates are available or where to find them. Can you assist?
  • Melten
    Melten Member Posts: 47 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    For driver use some driver updater like driver booster 8: https://www.iobit.com/driver-booster.php
    For bios update you need to go to the bios if you know how.
  • Leostat
    If its happening whenever you print, it suggests its the printer driver :) these used to run priveleged so it is feesible that its causing the blue screens. on the screen it usualy has a code or some text like 0x021231 or WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at the bottom, if not, check event viewer -> windows -> system for things around the time of the crash

You can get the acer drivers here : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/4241 (windows 8 drivers work with windows 10 )

Whats the printer you are using, and is it wired in or wifi? Wired in it will show in device mnager i think, wifi it will be under printers and scanners -> device -> hardware propoties :)

• Macdonas

Tinkerer

It's a kyocera laser printer and I have downloaded and installed the windows 10 drivers from their site.  It did not help.  Issue started after a windows 10 update.
  • Macdonas

Tinkerer

There is a QR Code that appears on the blue screen, although I have not been able to scan it before it reboots...
  • Leostat
    edited April 2021
    it sounds like you are encountering this bug:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-10-20H2#1570msgdesc

there is a suggested work aornd in there give that a whirl :)

Its a win 10 kernel bug rather than an acer one :D

• Macdonas

Tinkerer

I did the workaround an am still getting the blue screen when trying to print... :s
  • Leostat
    edited April 2021
    Major boo, in the event log do you have the error code?

And could you run in powerhsell:
    Get-HotFix -Id KB5001567

Should give you something like

PS C:\Users\Leo> Get-HotFix -Id KB5001567

Source        Description      HotFixID      InstalledBy          InstalledOn
    ------        -----------      --------      -----------          -----------
    DESKTOP-62    Update           KB5001567     DESKTOP-62/Leo        27/03/2021 00:00:00

If it returns not found try installing
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=kb5001567
    2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB5001567)

The KB is meant to have been pushed out this month but with windows 10 god knows how it does updates

if installing this doesnt work will need the bluescreen code to assist :)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Can you take a picture of the blue screen before it reboots? There is often a lot more info that you might think in the fine print.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Macdonas

Tinkerer

Here is the blue screen...

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    Macdonas said:
    Here is the blue screen...

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD is a clear indication that the system contains an incompatible Device Driver or faulty hardware
    , the simplest and the first thing that you should do is to go through your Kyocera laser printers basic troubleshooting guide and do those and see if that fixes this problem? Also, change the USB chord that connects your printer to the computer as that might be faulty and see if that fixes the problem? Otherwise see these steps to fix the "Stop Code APC Index Mismatch" and go through them systematically. 
  • Macdonas

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Guys,Sorry for yhe delayed response.  Yes it is clearly a Mirisidt issue.   After a lot of addirional research and seeing that just about every peripheral manufacturer has noted an issue with the latest Microsoft update that is now indisputable.  I finally managed to resolve the issue and geting things working properly again.  How, well i installwd every driver and optional system update I could find...cannotvspecifically say whixh one solved the problem, and I suspect i newswd them all to resolve it.  Microsoft seems to have almost outdone themselves wirh this one.  I sense that it was in the desire ro improve security, although in the end they may lose a lot of users.
  • Leostat
    At least its working now ei! You can join sysadmins around the world in hating MS updates and printers :D
  • JackThompson
    JackThompson Member Posts: 3 New User
    I read an article that lists four ways to fix the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error:
    Way 1. Disable Realtek HD Audio Manager from Startup
    Way 2. Reinstall Your Display Driver
    Way 3. Update Your Device Drivers
    Way 4. Run Windows System File Checker
    I fixed the same issue with the third solution~

In case someone else may need it in the future, here is  the link for the article: https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-apc-index-mismatch-bsod-stop-error.html