Acer Predator Triton 300 SE eGPU and Display Connectivity

Options
Lancery
Lancery Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello, 

I am interested in purchasing a Acer Predator Triton 300 SE, but I have a few questions I would like to understand first. If anyone can help with the questions below, that would be much appreciated. 

1. I understand that the laptop has an HDMI port and a Thunderbolt port, but I can't find info on whether those are connected to the Intel or Nvidia GPU. Does anyone have info on this? For example, Intel -> HDMI and Nvidia -> Thunderbolt?

2. Does this laptop support external GPU? I understand that we'd want 4 PCI lanes for external GPU to be properly supported, and I wasn't able to find info on what's supported by this laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• jonco2000
    jonco2000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    1) I had to learn this the hard way by purchasing the latop... The thunderbolt is connected to the integrated graphics, only the HDMI to the Nvidia GPU. :-(
    So displayport via USB-C/thunderbolt connects to the intel integrated graphics.

This means this laptop is NOT compatible with most modern VR gear that requires displayport.
  • SyiFyi
    SyiFyi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    jonco2000 said:
    1) I had to learn this the hard way by purchasing the latop... The thunderbolt is connected to the integrated graphics, only the HDMI to the Nvidia GPU. :-(
    So displayport via USB-C/thunderbolt connects to the intel integrated graphics.

This means this laptop is NOT compatible with most modern VR gear that requires displayport.
    I am aware I am very late on this post but is there any way to swap the DP connection to come from the GPU?