reccomendations for a replacement wifi card acer aspire 7560-7183

Steve602
Steve602 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
any help would be appreciated. Also what size is the card.

Answers

• Steve602
    thank you, you were a great help. I bought the last one on the list new from amazon. I really appreciate all your effort !
    You wouldnt know id the 7560-7183 can take 32g of ram would you ?
    Thanks again.
    Steve
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Steve602 said:
    thank you, you were a great help. I bought the last one on the list new from amazon. I really appreciate all your effort !
    You wouldnt know id the 7560-7183 can take 32g of ram would you ?
    Thanks again.
    Steve
    You are welcome  :) unfortunately, the maximum memory for this model is 8GB(2x4GB).

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    Steve602 said:
    any help would be appreciated. Also what size is the card.

First, what OS are you running on your Aspire 7560-7183? Is it Win-8 or Win-10?  As your Aspire has either a Broadcom BT but its more likely a Qualcomm Atheros WiFi/BT card, give us the exact model number of your OEM WiFi/BT card (look in Device Manager > Network adaptors) as you can only replace the OEM card with the same WiFi/BT card, if its only a WiFi card then you can replace it with a WiFi/BT card. I've done many conversions on these older type of Aspire laptops and even on older Aspire laptops that only came with WiFi only cards and replaced them with WiFi/BT cards and they worked perfectly and added a the Bluetooth feature to them.

Also, your Aspire 7560-7183 can take a max 8GB of either DDR3-1333 but you can go as far up as the DDR3-1600MHz type ram into its 2x slots for the memory, its a simple job as you don't have to open the whole laptop back cover only the T shaped back partial cover. 

• Steve602
    Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30,     Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    im using 2-8gb DDR3-1600MHz
    windows 10 professional, 64 bit.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    Steve602 said:
    Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30,     Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    im using 2-8gb DDR3-1600MHz
    windows 10 professional, 64 bit.

Have a look at this Japanese page (and translate it) that explains all about the specs of the Atheros AR8151 PCIe card here: "About Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)" and try to get a similar card that will fit into that PCIe mini slot that will have the capabilities of replacing and upgrading to a 2.4G/5G WiFi signal and BT together, that is your solution, if there is one? All the cards that I've replaced on these sorts of old Aspires have all been a much smaller mini PCIe card that only had a WiFi 2.4G and no BT (like on Apire 5750-2414 and prior models) and I've replaced them with a similar card that had WiFi 2.4/5G and BT capabilities and were a complete swap and required just a new Qualcomm driver for that particular new model. In your case you have this Atheros AR8151 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Controller and a separate Broadcom BT chip which are two different drivers for WiFi and BT, that is how I interpret the technologies that you have for your networking on your Aspire 7560-7183 and IMO this can't be changed and you will have to stick to the network technologies that your Aspire 7560-7183 came with, if your Atheros AR8151 PCIe card is faulty try to get a new one and replace it. Otherwise get a Wi/Fi-BT dongle and plug it into the USB and use that for amore modem networking solution. Good luck.

These is the specs of this card:

• Fully IEEE 802.3az (Energy Efficient Ethernet) Draft 3.0 compatible
    • World lowest power consumption
    • Smallest package: QFN40 5 x 5 mm for AR8151/52
    • Teaming support for LACP, failover & load balance
    • Integrated Switching Regulator
    • Integrated OTP memory for Ethernet configuration
    • PCIe ASPM L0s/L1 fully support
    • Fully support OOB WoL
    • Fully support AMD Magic Packet and MSFT Wake up pattern WoL
    • Fully support IEEE 802.1Q VLAN
    • Fully support IEEE 802.1P QoS