Missing driver after full reset

Geordiemick
Geordiemick Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Had to do a full reinstall from scratch as it was an inbuilt Acer app that was causing my laptop to crash and now I have an error triangle at the side of my laptop icon in devices and printers. I've run the trouble shooter which says, "Detection verification driver missing" and I can't find one on Acer's site. I'm hoping I've not wrecked my laptop now. Can anyone help please?

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    What brand/mfr and model number printer or device do you have with the yellow exclamation mark? You probably need to re-install its Windows driver which is usually downloaded from the device manufacturer's website. Did you complete the troubleshooting wizard? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    Had to do a full reinstall from scratch as it was an inbuilt Acer app that was causing my laptop to crash and now I have an error triangle at the side of my laptop icon in devices and printers. I've run the trouble shooter which says, "Detection verification driver missing" and I can't find one on Acer's site. I'm hoping I've not wrecked my laptop now. Can anyone help please?
    As JackE is suggesting, get your printers drivers from the printers manufacturers site and install it, not every printer or specific Acer drivers are included on the MS driver installation list while you install Win-10. 
  • Geordiemick

Tinkerer

Thanks for your replies. I tried the printer route but it was still the same. After much rending of cloth, I reinstalled again which then threw up a different problem with the audio driver. The Realtek console won't open and i kept getting red X's at the side of the icon on taskbar which said no audio driver installed. Downloaded the driver from Acer and get an error message stating "no driver supported in this package". And try as I might, I can't get to the bottom of it. Audio is working now im summising on the generic driver native to Windows so it's more annoying than needed. Any ideas would be most helpful before it goes through the window please?
  • JackE
    >>>Had to do a full reinstall from scratch >>>

Was this a full ACER install using the ALT+F10 cold boot ACER factory reset method from the hidden recovery partition? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Geordiemick

Tinkerer

Off a flashdrive with the ISO downloaded from microsoft. It was what I was advised to do as the problem was reinstalling itself if I tried anything else and was crashing. It all seems to be fine otherwise now, though it is annoying as its only 12 months old. id've took it back but for lockdown and hearing stories of disapearing laptops at Acer.
  • JackE
    OK. You installed the Microsoft generic Win10 version. This isn't the same as the ACER factory Win10 version on the hidden recovrey partition that has all the correct ACER drivers. Your other option would've been to re-install the factory fresh ACER Win10 using the ALT+F10 cold boot method. Then turn SystemProtection on and allow the intervening updates to install automatically. That way, if any of the updates caused issues, they could easily be reversed (instead of a full install from scratch) until a later update addresses the issues. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi Geordiemick,

You can download drivers from below link,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/drivers
  • Geordiemick

Tinkerer

Thanks. I've took the cowards way out because I'm sick of it now and ordered a rescue stick off Acer. It was that or put it through the window. 
  • JackE
    The recovery stick is probably just as well because the hidden ACER recovery partition is often not accessible after a generic Win10 install. The ACER erecovery USB should bring you back to a factory fresh condition. Just remember to turn on Control Panel's system protection after it's installed so that any errant updates can  be easily reversed. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.