Aspire A717 71G internal Mic

alfonsofrisk
alfonsofrisk Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
My internal mic appears to have stopped working completely. Have been into settings to check things and it wont even let me do a sound check and returns a value of 0%
Tried updating and rolling back drivers but still no joy.
Any ideas?
TIA

Answers

• Have you tried to change here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • alfonsofrisk
    Yep, tried there and also uninstalled all drivers etc. My thinking is its a hardware issue
  • Did this problem occur after any windows update?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • alfonsofrisk
    Think the only update since I last the mic is -

March 9, 2021—KB5000802 (OS Builds 19041.867 and 19042.867)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,366 Trailblazer
    Try manually installing March 18, 2021—KB5001649, just in case the update from the 9th is related to the problem. It looks like the March 9 update covers "security" issues and they usually don't details those. Check to see if permissions to use the mic haven't been reset to 'not allowed' for all apps...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • alfonsofrisk
    Tried that cheers. No joy though. Me thinks it hardware issue as the power input socket is also dodgy.
  • billsey
    Yeah, but the DC-In socket and the mic are totally different...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • alfonsofrisk
    I was thinking they both on the the same internal board and there is a connection/soldering issue on said board ?
  • What happens when you reinstall windows by pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    I'd expect that the mic would have been bad from the beginning if there were a production problem like bad solder on the daughter card. Since the camera is also on that card if the card were to fail ir t would likely take the camera out with it. It's much more likely there's an issue with the software...
  • alfonsofrisk
    When you say "software issue" I presume you mean a windows operating system software rather than a 3rd party such as zoom etc ?
  • Have you checked your privacy settings?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer